ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Seatbelt Replacement

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
The front seatbelts on my MK2 2004 are badly frayed so I've been looking at used ones from a breaker. There is nothing wrong with the mechanisms as far as I know as they work perfectly fine with reeling back in etc. Does that mean I literally only need the seatbelts themselves? no mechanisms or anything?

clio 172, mondeo td
They all come as a unit, they don't come apart as far as I know, if you need any give me a shout as I'm breaking a car with all the seat belts available

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
They all come as a unit, they don't come apart as far as I know, if you need any give me a shout as I'm breaking a car with all the seat belts available

I've been looking on eBay also and there are people selling just the belts and not whole units?

clio 172, mondeo td
I wouldn't fancy taking one of these apart and changing the seat belts in them, I think once they get tampered with are they going to be as good as a unit that's still as one? I tend to think its people that playing with broken/ damaged items that take the belts out to resell to make quick money, but I wouldn't take a unit apart just to change the belts.

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
I wouldn't fancy taking one of these apart and changing the seat belts in them, I think once they get tampered with are they going to be as good as a unit that's still as one? I tend to think its people that playing with broken/ damaged items that take the belts out to resell to make quick money, but I wouldn't take a unit apart just to change the belts.

Cheers guys!
A complete reel is what I need then. Do I need a tensioner as well? I have no clue what one is really I just saw them for sale when I was having a look