ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front shocks Renault Clio 2005

Renault Clio 2005
Hi. The other day my front right shock collapsed. So I need to change the entire strut and the strut bearing. Im only keeping the spring.

The problem is I cant figure out if there are different shocks and strut bearings. My car is a 2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16 V. It is lowered from factory with the sports chassie. The spring is marked red and green. In the parts catalouges no shocks or bearings are marked as sport chassis. How ever a few is marked as standard chassis. So are the shock strut and bearing different if its a standard or sports chassi?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
It will be a standard shocker that's required for your car, nothing special. Will be cheap enough genuine from Renault.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
Fitted these last year to my 2001 1.2L 16v. Easiest way to tell (I think) is the bolt spacing to the knuckle.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 12.53.52.png