ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front speaker size

I know i should be putting in 13cm speakers, but how easy is it to get some 16cm ones in the front doors? What do u need to do to fit them in?

cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dont bother

if you must go to the ice gallery and look at neds(from spain) car

yep it is quite difficult to do and very easy to destroy a door card in the process,

if you must ave 17cm comps then go for kenwood dual mags, i have installed these into a mates clio and had very little mountnig depth left to play with anything deepr just wont fit

what about 16cm?? you can get those infinity uniplane (slim mount) speakers? Are these speakers any good? Sound quality as good as normal speakers?

i wasnt aware that there was such a thing as 16cm speakers

but IMO youd be better spending more money on a better set of 13cm comps and sound deadening the doors

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 24 January 2003

i wasnt aware that there was such a thing as 16cm speakers

but IMO youd be better spending more money on a better set of 13cm comps and sound deadening the doors

Do above

thats all

(Buy my 15s £270 ono)

there is 16cm speakers shown in the mail order adds in max power, alpine and infinity.

1 other thing, do u need 2 change the speaker wire, or is the stuff that is already there ok?

it is best to route new speaker cable into the doors if you are going to amplify the speakers, if not just chop the connector block off the existing cable (noting polarity) and crimp on the new connectors (usually supplied with the speakers)

you can buy sound deadening in either sheet or spray form, you basically coat all the metal framework on the inside of the door in this material, thus making the panels more solid

if in doubt speak to a ICE dealer, thats where i had mine done