ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Windscreen Wiper removal?

Clio 1.5d Dynamique ('01)
Hi

I need to get access to the water bottle for the windscreen wash to check for leaks on the bottle.

But for the life of me on trying to remove the 2 wiper units above the scuttle panel.

Obviously i've shifted the 3 nuts. I've read on here you just give it a 'good old tug'.

Well i've tried now for 15-20mins, the sweat is rolling off me bonce and i'm beginning to think give up. Is there a specific way to do this? I'm not going to dislodge something behind am i?

I've read about removal tools, how much are these and what do they look like? Any pics?

Any help appreciated, i'm back at work 2mora, so cud do with sorting it 2day.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Try pushing down on the point where it pivots, made it so much easier for me. When you don't apply pressure the thread isn't straight so it doesn't want to come off.

theres a guide in the members section but you cant see that. what i did was use a spanner as a lever and push it off but ye if you become a member theres a quide with pictures its a lil hard to explain without pics

Hi, thanks for replying. Just tried still no joy. Got no skin left on my right knuckle now... arrghhh.... any other idea's?

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I did exactly the same today. I've got this removal tool:

http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=544&item=1738

Don't get it. It only fits around the passenger side wiper arm but it did manage to get it off easily.

I sprayed some WD40 over the driver side bolts, gave it a few minutes to soak in and then gave it a tug. It took a few minutes of pulling but it came off in the end.

Found out in the end that my washer bottle is fine, it's one of the pump seals that has corroded letting water out.

ta for replying.
i went back out for 10mins n gave them a few more tugs, managed to get 1 off from the drivers side - other 2 wont budge.
i soaked them both in wd40 over night, so see what they're like 2nite after work.
ruddy pain in the neck hey?