ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fUbAr's DIY Bootlock

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd keep a bit of black on the boot lock, you need the occasionally black bits to counter all the silver.

Badges look excellent, did you just cut out masking tape the shape of the letters to mask them off? Fancy doing it myself, but know I'd c0ck it right up...

Fred2001Dynamic said:
yep now look under the mk2 1, its the exact same cut out underneath

EDIT - doh!!! just spoke to my mate, he has a mk2 lid, Day you're right!!!
I'm not always right but I'm never wrong Fred ;)

106 GTi
fUbAr said:
question... should i paint the little centre bit of the lock? i mean the bit you push in to open the boot?

I'd leave it, I have seen boot lock buttons painted before, and them tend to start to flake off inwards from the edges.

acrebo said:
Badges look excellent, did you just cut out masking tape the shape of the letters to mask them off? Fancy doing it myself, but know I'd c0ck it right up...

I did 2 coats of primer, then sprayed them in 647... then got a small pot of black acrylic and painted the lettering by hand. Took me a good hour to go round all the edges neatly.

Then i put 3 coats of laquer over the whole thing. Im chuffed to bits with the result! :)

Mégane RS
i like what you've done with the badges, this is my boot, i didnt bother having the button coloured in and i like it with the black centre

zaust.jpg

Last edited:
surely be easier to paint bump strip 2.0 16v badges in silver wait till paint gone off then sand letters back to black till v fine then laquer over top of it all? Nice job tho m8 well done!

172 Dave said:
surely be easier to paint bump strip 2.0 16v badges in silver wait till paint gone off then sand letters back to black till v fine then laquer over top of it all? Nice job tho m8 well done!

i tried that... couldnt sand it well enough due to the accuracy involved.

Painting the numbers by hand was the neater option :)

:rasp: ok mate, think i may do mine, unless you post me yours so i can have a good old look and trial fit....................... however you may find they come back just like they were before you started them - magic that :D

haha, cheeky git.

ive had PM requests to do a batch and sell them.... i might consider it.

or i might just be unique and copyright the design ;)