ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel tank removal

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’m doing a bit of tidying on the underside of the 182 and thinking about dropping the fuel tank to clean behind it. Having a look at it, do the brake lines need to be disconnected to get it out or can it slide across past them?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I’m doing a bit of tidying on the underside of the 182 and thinking about dropping the fuel tank to clean behind it. Having a look at it, do the brake lines need to be disconnected to get it out or can it slide across past them?
Just remove them from the calipers, it's a 2 minute job and something you'd regret not doing after f**king around.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just remove them from the calipers, it's a 2 minute job and something you'd regret not doing after f**king around.

Perfect. And just split the brake lines where they meet the rear beam?

I’ve found a great way to drain the tank too 😂
IMG_4381.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
The lines do crossover the tank, youll need to loosen from the beam flexy’s (good luck) then drop from the retain brackets to give you enough flex….however I could imagine they will be in an interesting condition and aged so if you want to make sure you don’t snap them, they aurally join about 12” behind the NSF wheel (just under the passengers door) so you can remove them and either replace, or work with out worry of fracturing. You should have space to drop the tank if you loosen all the lines mind. I made new lines for mine ‘whilst I was there’ as it’s a piece of piss and added piece of mind
9B7878BD-BCD1-4CC2-A5EB-84A3CFCEAACB.jpeg
IMG_7419.jpeg

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The lines do crossover the tank, youll need to loosen from the beam flexy’s (good luck) then drop from the retain brackets to give you enough flex….however I could imagine they will be in an interesting condition and aged so if you want to make sure you don’t snap them, they aurally join about 12” behind the NSF wheel (just under the passengers door) so you can remove them and either replace, or work with out worry of fracturing. You should have space to drop the tank if you loosen all the lines mind. I made new lines for mine ‘whilst I was there’ as it’s a piece of piss and added piece of mind View attachment 1684261View attachment 1684262

Aye, they are beyond crusty at the joint to the beam so can’t see them coming off without a fight. I had a go yesterday and was getting nowhere fast.

I’d agree it’s probably worth replacing the whole run. When I’ve started cleaning them off there are a few suspect looking areas so no doubt the pipe will split if they do come free or kink somewhere when bending. Did you buy them pre-made or just make your own?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Aye, they are beyond crusty at the joint to the beam so can’t see them coming off without a fight. I had a go yesterday and was getting nowhere fast.

I’d agree it’s probably worth replacing the whole run. When I’ve started cleaning them off there are a few suspect looking areas so no doubt the pipe will split if they do come free or kink somewhere when bending. Did you buy them pre-made or just make your own?
Made my own, it’s piss easy and super satisfying to do! Little tip, before you disconnect them hold the brake pedal down with a plank of wood to stop the system draining all the fluid! That way you won’t have to bleed the ABS system which is an absolute nightmare.