ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Warning Light on too early.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Twice now the fuel warning light has come on and the fuel
guage says I have a whole notch left, it use to come on when
it was on the red line.:S

Anyone else had this happen?

Which one should I believe, fuel guage or warning light?

Fabia vrs tdi
Mines does this at times, think it depends I drive differently.
Hold in trip computer button and start your engine then press trip button it will show you how many litres you have left and show you any fault codes and how much fuel in litres per hour your using

Twice now the fuel warning light has come on and the fuel
guage says I have a whole notch left, it use to come on when
it was on the red line.:S

Anyone else had this happen?

Which one should I believe, fuel guage or warning light?

Don't know if this helps mate but I find if im on the red light, and just to get out of the situation go and put £5 of petrol in, even though the petrol has moved to way above where the fuel light would usually come on, the fuel light will not reset unless I put in at least £8-10.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Don't know if this helps mate but I find if im on the red light, and just to get out of the situation go and put £5 of petrol in, even though the petrol has moved to way above where the fuel light would usually come on, the fuel light will not reset unless I put in at least £8-10.

When does your warning light come on?
Because £10 in mine is a quarter of a tank.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
usually my miles till empty goes ----- when its got about 39-42 miles left, untill recently its been getting down as low as 32 miles left and my fuel light not yet on... :S

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
usually my miles till empty goes ----- when its got about 39-42 miles left, untill recently its been getting down as low as 32 miles left and my fuel light not yet on... :S

Clios are mental!
They all seem to have their own little problems,
yours is the exact opposite to mine:S

Recently ive been getting a new noise or vibration every day,
and then the next day it's gone and a new one is in it's place.

Bloody french cars!

Good engines, sh1t everything else!;)

Fabia vrs tdi
Like I said you can go into test mode and tells you how many litres you have left, yesterday I ran it till it had 1 litre or so left then filled up

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Go off the light not the gauage. as parking down hill will give you a ligher reading on the gauage but the light will stay on what ever postion your in

Fabia vrs tdi
parking on a hill and turning key it says i need to top up my oil and service light comes on

my petrol display didnt go to ----- until it said 29 miles it usually goes to that around 40 miles, crazy french