ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

G - Tec performance meter pro

LY 200

Think theres a few people on here with them!!!

Andyvalver springs to mind!!!

Think good reviews have been given on them!!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

bhp is mile sout, 1/4 mile is good if u can find a flat road! my mate tested it against pod and it was 0.1 out!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Williams 2 on 22 February 2005
Coco can I borrow it?

Sure

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 22 February 2005Off topic but Adams_16v what you got now??

jap scooby doo mate, ill stick some pics up this week at some point :)

Volvo S60 T5

Used mine at the airfield meet, dont recon its to accurate for 1/4 mile times, timed me and the supercharged saxo at 13.5 secs 1/4

111s

I had one. Got a 6.25secs 0-60, 15.1 quarter and it said i had 141bhp ATW... Come to your own conclusions. Sold it recently though, didnt want it to cost me a mint in tyres and clutch.

Ive got one too. Never used it for BHP just cant see it being accurate for that TBH. 0-60 and 1/4 mile seem pretty accurate tho. Cheap and dead easy to use. Bit of a gimmick really but worth having!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ive used one, was a bit generous with the times, and AP22 or AC22 is better, but more expensive... you get what you pay for!

My mate has an AP22 which was quite accurate, it proved without a doubt that I cant launch for sh*t! Bloody rolling start race series! :cry:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

does look like a good little toy to mess about with though! what are the AP22 and AC22? made by the same company?

[Edited by seb182 on 23 February 2005 at 1:20pm]

PLUS HOW EXACTLY DOES THE PRODUCT WORK? didnt really get any tech speil on the ebay link...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

The device has an accelerometer in it which measures the rate of acceleration.

From that, and using the equations of motion 0-60 is a doddle to work out.

v = u + at is one equation with

v = final velocity
u = initial velocity
a = acceleration
t = time

Now, we know the values for v (60mph) and u (0), the device can work out a (how accurately though is another matter) so you just rearrange the equation to make t the subject :)

Knew that A level in physics would pay off, after all these years....

Oh, I have one as well and it seems pretty accurate for 0-60 and qtr mile times.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 23 February 2005

does look like a good little toy to mess about with though! what are the AP22 and AC22? made by the same company?

PLUS HOW EXACTLY DOES THE PRODUCT WORK? didnt really get any tech speil on the ebay link...
No, the AC22 & AP22 are made by a different company, called Race Technology.

Their site explains how they work >>> http://www.race-technology.com/WebPage2/Products/AP22/AP22Home.htmlhttp://www.race-technology.com/WebPage2/Products/AP22/AP22Home.html

They are very accurate though, Ive had mine at Santa Pod and was within 0.2secs, then on the rollers it was 1bhp wrong.

megane coupe F7R

All the gtechs will be out by about 0.1 or so compared to pod times because at pod it times your reaction time to the lights. The gtech times you from when it senses the first bit of g-force. So there is no reaction time. You should be 0.1 faster than pod or somethin like that i think.

Also. The bhp figures should be a little lower than a dyno test. You type in the weight of you car and do a run, but it doesnt take in to acount the wind resistance that will slow your car down, therfore giving a lower reading

[Edited by Andyvalver on 23 February 2005 at 8:43pm]

[Edited by Andyvalver on 23 February 2005 at 8:45pm]

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

pod times dont include ya reaction time tho mate, you can set of 5 seconds after the green if you want! :)

with the comp pro meter you can do all your runs on a tree signal so it can time you reaction times aswell..

megane coupe F7R

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 23 February 2005

pod times dont include ya reaction time tho mate, you can set of 5 seconds after the green if you want! :)

You sure? That guy who has the fastest uk clio on here posted his pod slip up and that had a reaction time on it.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

they do time the reaction time but the 1/4 mile time doesnt start till u move! so u could still have a mint 1/4 mile and a crap reaction if u hang about!

good reaction times are good for beating the other driver off the line and getting a slight advantage!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Andyvalver on 24 February 2005

You sure? That guy who has the fastest uk clio on here posted his pod slip up and that had a reaction time on it.
Yup, the reaction time is not a factor...