ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Galaxy Fold

lol at having to press 3 times to open google maps, and oh look his location hasn't updated *presses location button 3 times*

? it's just like my S8 then

It would be awesome for watching films, but that side profile is basically 2 phones glued together. I don't think I'd want to be carrying that around all the time

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I appreciate the technology, but I don't really think I want this. Seems like a fad to me, until maybe we have something like out of Westworld. What a terrible name as well!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I was holding out for this. I was tempted by a pixel 3 but the £799 s10 has won it for me .

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i shall be making enquiries today about when im due an upgrade, as I will be getting the Samsung folding phone :)

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Didn't watch video as 10 minutes long.

So assume when open its like a tablet but you can use it folded like a normal phone? Surely it will be pretty chunky?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
In normal mode it looks s**t, so you're gunna look a right dickhead unfolding that massive thing everytime.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No, but then at nearly two grand I won't be owning one either.

You'll not look any more of a tosser than people who use their phones like this though

offset_260627.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I want to wait for the reviews first before placing the order as im a bit sceptical on the screen. Because im a CS baller i'll just buy it outright ??

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
£2k. f**k me, and people criticise Apple.

This is very different tho, Apple are charging 1.5k for their top end iPhone which IMO is just a normal phone. Samsung have had to invest heavily in R&D etc its something that hasn't really been done before apart from the Royal.

The normal S10 models still undercut Apple pricing.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's a massive premium to pay for being an early adopter and you know it's gunna have issues.
If it ends up flopping like VR, AR or wearables you wouldn't be very impressed either.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's a massive premium to pay for being an early adopter and you know it's gunna have issues.
If it ends up flopping like VR, AR or wearables you wouldn't be very impressed either.

ive been gagging for a bigger screen phone solution for ages and have been looking into the zte axon m which is dual screen. providing it works for me I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I like the fact no one wants the new fold, should make it easier for me to get hold of one :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This is very different tho, Apple are charging 1.5k for their top end iPhone which IMO is just a normal phone. Samsung have had to invest heavily in R&D etc its something that hasn't really been done before apart from the Royal.

The normal S10 models still undercut Apple pricing.

Hmm. It's definitely first-gen hardware though, so asking people for that kind of money is a bit much IMO. It even glitched during the demo!

Save £1800 and buy a Nintendo DS.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I currently have an S8 and if you trade that in at Carphone Warehouse you can get £235 off so worth a look to reduce the costs. Would make my life alot easier to buy outright.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it going to get scratched easy in folded mode? You can't put a case on it because the case will be facing the screen, unless they make some fancy transforming thing.

Does it fold both ways so you can fold the backs out when you put it in your pocket?

By the time you put a case on it it will be massive in your pocket and will look daft as f**k.

The guy on stage who put it in his pocket in the demo looked like he dropped an anchor into his pocket.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm. It's definitely first-gen hardware though, so asking people for that kind of money is a bit much IMO. It even glitched during the demo!

Save £1800 and buy a Nintendo DS.

It's like anything tho, if your an early adopter you pay the price and as the technology matures the prices come down. Just like the 5g s10 will be a high amount but give it 2 years and all phones will have it.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
No mention of how many folds it can withstand?

I'm skeptical about it lasting a long time without any noticeable deterioration to the fold area.
A minute and a half into the video he talks about the "backbone" of the phone and how it still holds up after 100's of 1000's of folds and unfolds.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Looks w**k.

Theres noway the join in the middle of the screen won't be visible either. That'll be annoying