ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garden Macro's

Spent a few hours in the sun playing with some off& on camera flash...

2764689843_7f5684003f_o.jpg

2765535870_7dc0940a88_o.jpg

2765536430_91913a82e0_o.jpg

2765536782_38a9b33347_o.jpg

2765536622_999f92704d_o.jpg

2764690235_357e50c9e4_o.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Good photos, Pete. Tried messing around with Macros when I first got the S5700, got some interesting results, not tried any for a while though.
First photo is a bit gruesome!

Good photos, Pete. Tried messing around with Macros when I first got the S5700, got some interesting results, not tried any for a while though.
First photo is a bit gruesome!

Yeah its a little nasty, can't say any of the subjects are good looking mind haha

Looking over them again am preferring this version of number 1... not sure what people think?

2765535470_0e058ffa53_o.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Well before I say anything, I should point out that my opinion really counts for very little because I'm a complete amateur. In my experience I found with macros that I end up with two problems:

1) Composition is really awkward, it's either not always clear what's going on; or it looks too plain.
2) The subject can become out of focus along with the background.

So in that respect you've done, imo, well with most of the photos. Some of the photos do have the issues I mentioned above, but maybe that's just an inherent effect of macro shooting, I don't know - really haven't used it enough!

I'm sure Conteo, Jim, Ukaskew etc. will have something more constructive to say!

Thanks, critique is always welcome. Yeah getting large depth of field at such magnification is very very hard, even on a small censored camera like yours.

And I agree composition does need some improvement, just wish I was better at juggling :eek:

IMG_7443-PS-Small.jpg

172cup
i nearly s**t when i realised there wa sa spider on the end of that flower bud lol

Awesome pics... full of vibrant colours

Great stuff, colours and lighting are absolutely brilliant.

#3 stands out by a mile for me as the composition is so interesting, love it. The spider on the flower shot is a close second.

The two from the spider/wasp sequence don't quite work for me, great moment to capture but it's too messy and the limited depth of field you are always going to get makes it hard to work out (even though you've got focus in the best place, eyes of the spider).

Jealous of your lighting/exposure skills though, something I simply don't have the patience for, wish I did as the results are clearly very impressive.

Jealous of your lighting/exposure skills though, something I simply don't have the patience for, wish I did as the results are clearly very impressive.

Made my day! Understanding my lighting was the main aim of the shoot, now I'll try and fix the composition and subject issues...