ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garmin Streetpilot i3

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
mja182 said:
u need to make a note of the identification number which flashes up! Then go into the camera csv file and edit the file in excel by finding the camera which you are referring to and altering the speed indicated for tht camera reference. Its just a simple change to make you can even alter the proximity at which the alert comes up.

Ok, I have opened a csv file, and can see how to change the settings. Pretty simple really.

But how do you change/alter the proximity settings? As I don't see where you can alter this on the spreadsheet:

GATSO.gif

Fabia vRS
Just checked out the camera locations again on www.PocketGPSWorld.com
and they have been updated, so latest file is November 05!!

Lee, you can change the proximity alerts quite easily in the Garmin POI loader.
I left most of them as they were, but changed the redlight notification, as round here the garmin is beeping all the time cos of the redlight cameras. I changed it to 330ft, which is about 100m.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
That was easy enough to do. Thanks for pointing that out Jonny.

I changed the Redlight cams to 330ft like you, as it gets on my nerves when the unit keeps bleeping when you know the cam is miles up the road, lol.

Thanks again.

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6
Just bought this for my dads Christmas and I want to keep it for myself ;)
Cant believe how good it is and the size of it!!
Above info is just what I was going to be looking for so thanks for that!!

Si

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
How cleary does this show your speed?? As my speedo isn't working, and can't be bothered to get it looked at yet, so this could be a handy stand-in. Just i know the RoadAngel shows your current speed clearly, but never really seen any pics of the Street Pilot showing this

vx220
firstly the unit above is alot larger physically and in my eyes far more cumbersome!
The garmin will show your current speed while doing general driving and just having a view of your current position. However if your on a route where the garmin is having to navigate you there then there is no indication of your present speed. The garmin does have a re-calculating feature yeah. hope that answers ya questions.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
ShaunR16v said:
Anyone got one of these, or know how they compare to the Street Pilot? Only £20 more at the moment, but looks like a much clearer screen.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7400957/Trail/C%24cip%3D28884.DIY%2C%2Bgarden%2Band%2Bcar%3EC%24cip%3D31405.Satellite%2Bnavigation.htm

Also, does the Street Pilot put you "back on track" if you take a wrong turning/get diverted like most of the other units?

I had the Navman 1st. But took it back within the 16 days, because I wasn't happy with it. You can't load any POI's on it, no cam locations, plus it doesn't have a computer connection. So you can't update ANYTHING on that model of Naman. So I swapped it for the Garmin i3, which I DON'T regret!

Garmin i3 all the way for me.

vx220
the only other unit which looks really good which has just been released is the new tom tom one! its a little extra money but your gettin a touch screen.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Tried using the ximage software, and sending the NEW splash screen image to my i3, but it keeps saying:

i3-error.gif

Don't understand, as the GPS unit is cleary ON, and hooked up to my Notebook.

Any suggestions?

SLK 350
Tom Tom ONE, a little extra? Or £64 extra which is around 45% more for a touchscreen.

By the way i was looking at the i3 today on the Argos site, and noticed it detailed the use of AA batteries? Does the i3 not come complete with some sort of AC lead to wire into car/cigarette lighter?

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
ozzyo99 said:
Does the i3 not come complete with some sort of AC lead to wire into car/cigarette lighter?

Yes, you get a 12v AC wire to use in the car. Also the wire isn't curly, as the wire is 'free flowing' and is quite long which is MUCH better. As I used to have a curly short wire on the Snooper S4, and that was a nightmare in the car...

Clio 1.4, SV650S
oooh made mine... the blanked out bit is my postcode.

I dont think it will deter anyone from stealing it, or even buying it in the pub. but might help the police get it back to me some how!

SplashScreen.gif

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Got a question.

I have been looking thru the contents on the box that my Garmin came in. There is something there that I don't know how to use it. I seem to be a black plastic circle, and mounted onto of that is a smaller red circle, with the middle bit missing.

What is this used for, I have no idea...

EDIT: Oh just looked under the box, and its a 'Dashboard Disc' but I still don't see how it works, as it doesn't affix the to unit in any way...

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6
Is it not to stick onto your dash? - remove the red paper and stick down then use the sucker to stick to the disc?? It just means on crinkle dash boards it will stick.
Thats what I thought anyway but not 100% sure ;)

vx220
i think your right rennie about that. I wasnt sure myself at first but it makes sense that thats what its for. Cutehomoboi you have a pm regarding the error message.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Yeah got you PM thanks, have managed to sort it. Uploaded that splash screen above. This Dash Disc, I worked it out that you peel the red bit off so it can stick to the dash. But the Garmin unit doesn't sit on the very sercure, infact I don't see how the Garmin unit can sit on it at all. Cause it will fall off everytime you hit a bump, or go around a corner...

Fabia vRS
That's a good idea, where can you get the software from, as I have trawled www.garmin.com and haven't found anything yet, even searched the site!!

EDIT: found it now, but will the i3 units have the error message, as the ximage s'ware doesn't seem to be listed for the i3??!!

Last edited:
  CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
cutehomoboi said:
Tried using the ximage software, and sending the NEW splash screen image to my i3, but it keeps saying:

i3-error.gif

Don't understand, as the GPS unit is cleary ON, and hooked up to my Notebook.

Any suggestions?

Very strange.

I kept getting that error message, but after checking my Garmin Unit - the IMAGE had trasfered from Notebook to Garmin UNIT.

So I am not sure why that program says that for...

Clio 1.4, SV650S
BUMP!

Just tried to update my Speed Camera Locations and the PocketGPS website now wants a £20 a year fee. balls to that.

Anyone know any other sites that do speed cam locations for Garmin i3!!??

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
entjm said:
BUMP!

Just tried to update my Speed Camera Locations and the PocketGPS website now wants a £20 a year fee. balls to that.

Anyone know any other sites that do speed cam locations for Garmin i3!!??

I got August 2006 locations from a guy on my MSN list. Very generous of him to share too...