ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz suspension noise

clio 172
So iv got Gaz coilovers on my 172 witch came on the car. I have a rattle coming from the rear at low speeds up to about 20mph. The helper springs have bean left out and they have bean rose joined I don’t know if either of those things could be coursing the problem ? The car drives well so a bit confusing. Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PH2 172
So iv got Gaz coilovers on my 172 witch came on the car. I have a rattle coming from the rear at low speeds up to about 20mph. The helper springs have bean left out and they have bean rose joined I don’t know if either of those things could be coursing the problem ? The car drives well so a bit confusing. Any help would be much appreciated

If it`s not the rear beam bushes or silencer hanger mount, this should answer your question.
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/c...se-rear-of-the-car-vios-sounds-inside.798543/

PH2 172
Thanks mate that’s the exact noise. I suppose I better get onto GAZ then but they were on the car when I got it so not sure how happy they will be to help me ?

Given that it is a problem they are aware of, I doubt they will take you to the cleaners, even if they ask you for a contribution.
Their customer service reputation is very good, so let us know how you get on.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to post up my thread but steve beat me to it.

Gaz were really helpful so they will revalve them even if you wasn't the original buyer. You may have to pay a small fee but it's a quick turnaround. They did mine while I waited on a Saturday morning. I drove to them which was about 45mins from me. Customer service from them was excellent tbh.

clio 172
I was going to post up my thread but steve beat me to it.

Gaz were really helpful so they will revalve them even if you wasn't the original buyer. You may have to pay a small fee but it's a quick turnaround. They did mine while I waited on a Saturday morning. I drove to them which was about 45mins from me. Customer service from them was excellent tbh.

Hi mate thanks for your reply that’s good to hear. Where are they based ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi mate thanks for your reply that’s good to hear. Where are they based ?

Basildon in Essex, about 1/2 From lakeside. Google them to get the address.

clio 172
Did you contact Gaz?
If so, how did you get on?

Hi sorry I didn’t see you’d posted. I did contact them they told me it wasn’t a common problem and it was probably Just the rose joints as they are noisy on the road. I replied and told them what everyone had said on hear and that it was to loud just to be the rose joints and they said that it was probably the fact there is no helper springs. They also said the rose joints might have failed. I’m going to put the helper springs back in next weekend and see if it makes any difference. What do you think ?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It depends if the helper springs remove all slack once they are fitted with the car jacked.

Helper springs are a spring locator as well as offering a little bit of poundage.

PH2 172
Hi sorry I didn’t see you’d posted. I did contact them they told me it wasn’t a common problem and it was probably Just the rose joints as they are noisy on the road. I replied and told them what everyone had said on hear and that it was to loud just to be the rose joints and they said that it was probably the fact there is no helper springs. They also said the rose joints might have failed. I’m going to put the helper springs back in next weekend and see if it makes any difference. What do you think ?
It depends if the helper springs remove all slack once they are fitted with the car jacked.
Helper springs are a spring locator as well as offering a little bit of poundage.

I`m not sure why the helper springs would be removed, so it is best to refit them.

TBH mine act as a permanent coil bound spacer.
I also found that in order to match the ride height of the Spax units I removed, I had to use the front helper springs to keep the springs located on full drop.

One thing that puzzles me is that when I bought mine 3 years ago, I opted for 325lb front with helper spring, and 225lb rear with helper spring over the then road option of 250lb front & 175lb rear, but I now see that Kam Racing are supplying GHA with 400lb front & 300lb rear as standard fitment.

I would suspect that the units require re-valving to cope with the difference in spring rates, do you remember which spring rates you had Mark?

As to it not being a common problem, Gaz obviously were confident enough to put the required parts in the post to @ripp ?

PH2 172

Any news?