ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gear box problem

clio sport 172
i have not long owned a phase 2 172 sport only covered 41k miles when im driving up high in the revs sometimes ill get a lil crunch going in to 2nd and 3rd an old girl owned it for 9 years before me is it possible this could be clutch related or have i got a gear box issue also i had an issue with the top gear box mount working lose on feather investigation notice there were no washers on the 2 outside bolts put washers in seams to have cured the mount cumming lose could this be anything that could be connected to my issue :S

RSC 172 Ph2
As above, it is common issue. I have a similar issue on occasions with 3rd gear only manifesting at high revs as with you. So i've been reading around and some people on the have recommended servicing the gearbox oil as sometimes this help. Some people put in Redline Lightweight Shockproof against Renault recommendations as it is recommended commercially for problematic gearboxes - but whether that effects the longevity of your gearbox or not I can't comment on.

Also, is your gearbox leaking? Might be another reason to change your oil to ensure the level is right.