ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear knob and gaiter

Can anyone help? Ive a V6 and want to replace the gear knob and gaiter as they are worn, but Renauly want to charge me £230.77 +vat (gear knob) and £110.57 +vat (gaiter). I work for a Renault dealer and can get 10% off parts but does anyone know where I can get these parts from at a sensible price?

Have you tried the breakers?

Yoiu migh get it a bit cheaper but Id be suprised they know the price of stuff and dont discount much from what Ive found though.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by ROBNCNC on 11 June 2004

Can anyone help? Ive a V6 and want to replace the gear knob and gaiter as they are worn, but Renauly want to charge me £230.77 +vat (gear knob) and £110.57 +vat (gaiter). I work for a Renault dealer and can get 10% off parts but does anyone know where I can get these parts from at a sensible price?
How tight are Renault to their staff? You would think they would give you at least 20% discount. I get 20% discount for most stuff at Demon Tweeks - I wonder if they can get gear knobs and gaiters!!

Ya 10% is a bit on the tight side, but i do get more off there cars. I will have to give Demon Tweeks a ring and see if they can supply the original parts as I want to keep the car standard as much as possible.