ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Linkage.... I think :)

Hi people, after some success after a previous post i thought id try again!

The problem im having is when im accelerating in 1st and 2nd only when i go over 3500rpm i get a very worrying vibration from what sounds to be the gear stick/gear linkage, for example if i need to pull away from a junction fast it vibrates only when accelerating. Also if im travelling for example 40mph in 4th gear and i press the accelerator peddle sharply it sounds like the linkage vibrates only for a second and then it goes... Very confused ive taken off the heat sheild and everything to try and see if anything is loose but the sound only occurs when accelerating. Also i checked under the gearbox itself where it has that flexible rubber cover of the rods, moved it about manually seems ok i just cant seem to figure this out! Any help much appreciated thanks!! :)