ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear stick swap?

Clio Mk2
So, I have a mk2 ph2 clio 05 plate and was wondering if the rubber (top) of the gear stick can be changed as I've been told it can't be done, the reverse gear requires pulling the ring up on the shaft itself and the previous owner has previously tried so it seems and made a bad job patching it up so I'd like new but not sure how to go about it, any help would be much appreciated ☺️ thanks dean.

2014 Clio 200t edc
The gearknob can be removed but it requires cutting off with a hacksaw usually (on the two I’ve done!)
Replacing the gearstick can also been done but requires removing the old unit from below and replacing with the new one. I managed to do it on my 182 as I removed the decat which gave room. Only a couple of bolts and removal of the gear selector shaft if I remember correctly.