ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox goin??? reversing noise

Renaultsport clio 172
I was reversing the 2 days ago and was in a hurry so i reversed quick and it popd out of gear, i thawt nothing of it as my old rover use to do it

Then today i noticed a sleight noise from gearbox area but goes when clutch is pushed in, maybe me just bein fussy??

And then i reversed it and it makes a horrible noise, makes me upset:(, its fine to get into the gears fine and feels tight as usual and no noise all the way to 5th whether i give it the beans or not, its just reverse when i go past 5mph

Any ideas??? maybe if something come loose?? gearbox oil needs topping up?? Reverse goin?? or gearbox saying its last goodbyes???

Any help much appreciated guys:)

Black Gold Trophy
if the gearbox is noisy at when you're stationary and the noise goes away when the clutch pedal is pressed, then the input shaft bearings are most likely worn. It's quite common tbh.
Reverse gear is naturally noisy, it's because it has straight cut teeth rather than helical.