ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Leak....

SC 172 FF
I've already used the search option and most my questions have been answered...

However I'm not 100% sure my leak is from the selector.

There is oil around that area however also around the bottom of the box along where the box meets the block i think it is....

Just wondered for those who have taken a closer look at their leaks where the oil seems to collect before dripping off the box??

I take it Circled Red is the Selector?

Yellow circles are where there is a slight bit of oil

Blue points out where the oil seems to be collecting before dripping off onto the floor....

Matt :)

Attachments

• Gearbox Leak.JPG
    Gearbox Leak.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 81
From what I've been told and read they all weep abit of oil, last time I was under my car I checked under there and it was all covered in oil yet my gearbox oil level was fine.

SC 172 FF
Ye from what i have read on here Jon they all leak, mine has no guard though so I'm finding small amounts of oil on the floor every morning.

Haven't checked my Oil level yet, that's something for me to do tomorrow i think.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
mine does exactly the same and collects/drips from exactly where you have put the blue mark

Track 172cup
ive got exactly the same thing on mine, when it was in the garage i was told it was coming from the selector rod seal but it wasnt overly bad

also got a slight leak coming from somewhere that drips down the front of the sump (not from the oil filter) that i need to look into

SC 172 FF
well it sounds like mine is the same common problem most people have come across - good to know it's not something major! :]

Has anyone the part number for this seal kit Renault do??