ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox numbers

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well yes s**t.

if it weren't for that comment i'd have offered to get the number for you if you had known the original reg.

Renault Clio 16v
Well considering I knew it was stamped on the casing somewhere hence asking where abouts, its hardly helpfull when you say ''presumably on the casing somewhere'' as it's hardly going to be inside the 5th gear bearing now is it....

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well you could have stated that in your OP, not everyone would realise to look there - if at all.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I think it's in the same place as the megane jc5's, on the underside just to the right of the 5th gear cap thing ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yes JC5 is the gearbox type used.

As for serial number you need to find the number starting with C and then 6 digits.

I saw a 089 with a serial of C012937 once in a picture, not sure what it was from though..

Edit - Im sure JC5 089 is what Matteh's gearbox calculator says is for a Ph1 172, not got it to hand so cant check at the moment