ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox or clutch?

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Just started to notice on depressing the clutch I get a slight knock noise from the gearbox, it's slightly louder in the lower gears anyone have any ideas what this may be? The car is under dealer warranty (from where I bought it) so hopefully I can get this fixed before the warranty runs out.

I think this part is normal but just checking it isn't related, sometimes when the cars cold it is nye on impossible to put it in 1st or reverse but I think I have heard somewhere this is pretty common.

The car is a 2008 197 with 60k on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Probably the lower or upper engine stabiliser, mine does it (not for much longer) get it sorted quick if it is that otherwise the flexis will split and you'll need the manifold repairing!

might not be that, but it's a possibility

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Hmm ok thanks is there any way of checking that? Like checking for sag in an engine mount?

I say this because I'm off down to the dealer tomorrow for them to take a look and I would like to try to point them in the right direction before they start stripping my car down :)