ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Problem 172 Phase 2

Clio Sport 172
I have recently just bought a phase 2 172 clio sport on an 02 plate. i have a fault where when reverse gear is selected i am unable to select 1st gear afterwards to pull away. i can drive about all day getting all 5 gears with no problems until i need to reverse then its like the linkage is locking up. ive had a quick look over the gear linkage tonight and adjusted it several times and tested but each time its always the same. ive spoken to a pal who is a renault tech and hes advised changin the box oil as hes sure hes had a similar fault like this in the past, however i am skeptical that an oil change will fix the fault, i am a volvo mechanic myself so any other techs etc on here that could give me any advice on where to go next will be much appreciated on this model as there new to me. im convinced it could be a selector fork etc fault inside the gearbox but its strange how the car drives faultless until reverse gear is selected. cheers;)