ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox woes

172 sport
searched but im still lost, so here goes

ok ive got a 2002 clio sport 172 (non cup), but my gearbox blew a diff.
so any ways bought a new gearbox with 66k on it etc. turns out mine is a abs speedo driven one but my new 1 isn't.
i believe my new is from a 2004 172 non cup,
what are my options ?
A, sell it and buy another
B, modify it to fit (if so how)
C, break it

cheers ray

330i. E30 Touring.
As above.

If your car uses the ABS to drive the speedo, you can fit and 1*2 gearbox and it'll work, no issues.

172 sport
The new gearbox doesn't have the hole were the diff is were the censor plugs in for the speedo censor
if that makes sence

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Your other way round mate, your's has box driven speedo, not abs and you've bought an abs box. Sell and buy correct box is the only option really.

172 sport
Ah cheers thought as much well just transferred my insurance over to 1 of my other cars. so probably break it seems more hassle then its worth

cheers tho guys

330i. E30 Touring.
Sign up to be a Club Member on here and you'll find them in the for sale section MUCH cheaper than that. Go for £150 odd on here now!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Depends on how handy you are. Tear your jc5 apart and built the speedo into your new jc5...
anyway, the easiest way is to mount a new circlip and weld it in...

172 sport
ive found a snooper s6 neo + in one of my cupboards so might just use this as im sure the gps system should be quite accurate :S
and get the box fitted....

172 sport
well i bite the bullet, and put my toys back in my pram and bought another gearbox and brand new clutch :approve:

fingers crossed no surprises