ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox

clio 182
Where I come from people using 1.3 106 gearbox (shorter) on 1.6 106 gti in order to have better accelaration ( yes there loosing top end but the accelaration is impressive!!very impressive! )

I was wondering if you can do similar thing with the clio 182. If yes which models gearbox you can fit in 182 and how much such thing costs?

Is it the 6 gear suq an option too, anybody knows how much these cost and where can I find one?

Thanks in advance

6 speed gearbox is possible in stock internals but its expensive with a LSD your looking at £3.5k.

You could get a used second hand sequenchial gearbox for that sort of money though.,

There no easy solution like the Pugs have though the 172 Cup and normal phase 2 have shorter ratios but there no huge jump you'd barly notice the difference.