ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Get rid of your HIDs before May boys n girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to see where it says they are a instant/major fail

c52a5e7676d95107d2756cc6312a1e73.jpg

New version draft
2215d6a98dbf50593b2701c11ff69e42.jpg

I’m no mot tester but that’s just saying to me, if you have levelling and cleaning available it must work

Last edited:
  200,182 Trophy, Cup
It doesn’t always work like that though does it. Very often the fault will just throw back up when you’ve turned the engine off and back on again

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Sales of cheap diagnostic machines will go through the roof.

Turn EML off, take car for test, EML comes back on over the next few days.
For people that have a little knowledge of this type of thing, that will definitely be the work around. But the vast majority won't have a clue, and their MOTs just got a whole lot more expensive having to fix the problems causing the EML light (not that I think its a bad idea at all - just surprising!).

I thought it was already an MOT fail if the EML or any other warning light on the dash did not extinguish following start up?

The HID fail has been a fail for a while too, I thought? Either way, the draft version posted above contains the text that refers to it: "It is not permitted to convert existing halogen headlamp units for use with HID bulbs."

PH2 172
Head light washers have to work, nothing new there, though I did fix them last year, I`ve had a pass for the last 3 years previous to that.
HEADLAMP WASHER.jpg

dan's cast offs.
Who's checking in 3 months though?

imagine it will just come up the next time it's in for mot?

I thought it was already an MOT fail if the EML or any other warning light on the dash did not extinguish following start up?

The HID fail has been a fail for a while too, I thought? Either way, the draft version posted above contains the text that refers to it: "It is not permitted to convert existing halogen headlamp units for use with HID bulbs."

eml was meant to be a fail but it never happened, don't even think it's p&a either at the mo? air bag, abs lights etc are a fail but non illuminating air bag light is only p&a though.

Status
Not open for further replies.