ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Get your pics out

Clio 2.0 172
Can anyone show me a pic of a monaco blue 172 lowered on anthracite turinis please? Tinted windows would be a bonus but wheels are the main thing :D Thanks in advance

Clio 2.0 172
Ian and m0ssy-Thanks to you both,looks perfect to me! Just hope I can pick up a monaco 172 very soon! :) Do you think light-medium tints all round would make it look a bit too dark? Or will it work?

172 & RSi
I wouldn't bother with tints tbh mate, but if you do, I'd go for light tints all round... hate it when they're darker at the back than the front.

Si

RS Clio 172
turinis ftl....

DSC_0052_small.jpg

Clio 2.0 172
Nah they wouldn't be different shades from front and back. My mate when he got his tints on his megane coupe he was offered light smoke or light charcoal(being more transparent than smoke) and the same for medium-smoke or charcoal and dark-smoke or charcoal. Was thinking either light smoke or medium charcoal which are both still relatively light.

Also wish i could afford decent coilovers for when I buy my 172 but a) my budget i don't think would allow it and b) being 18 insurance wouldn't either

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If insurance at 18 on a 172 isn't too bad, I would have thought adding coilies wouldn't have been a significant increase compared to the premium they'd want standard.

There's a 'shop of my car tinted, will try and find it for you.

Clio 2.0 172
Cheers Vish. Well,depends what you consider 'too bad'. The older members of the site who pay a few hundred quid a year will say I'm crazy to be willing to pay it but best quote I've had is £1600 a year fully comp,my own policy with the car registered to me

Si

RS Clio 172
also.... coilovers wouldn't add any more to the insurance than any other lowering method. whenever i've declared that my car's lowered they've only ever asked how much by, not what method i used to lower it.

Clio 2.0 172
That was my thoughts Si.Front looks spot on where it is,back could do with going down a bit. What does the b14 kit offer in the way of height and dampner adjustability?

Si

RS Clio 172
it's just height adjustable. the back will only go a bit lower, 5mm ish, the front will go quite a bit lower but that'd just be silly. lol.

i'm very pleased with the set up though, which is why i'm reluctant to mess about with it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cheers Vish. Well,depends what you consider 'too bad'. The older members of the site who pay a few hundred quid a year will say I'm crazy to be willing to pay it but best quote I've had is £1600 a year fully comp,my own policy with the car registered to me

That isn't bad for a 172 at 18! I paid that for a 1.4 with 3 points and a fault accident when I was 18. Am sure it was harder back then to get cheaper insurance lol

Post 23 from Englebert shows Monaco with tints.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=392171&page=2

Clio 2.0 172
I guess you're right there yeh. I was once told that some companies will charge a little extra if you have a bigger drop than 30mm than you do if it's 30mm or less due to manufacutures having styling 'departments' i.e Vauxhall has Irmscher which they can't really charge any more for but not 100% sure on that!

Clio 2.0 172
That insurance quote was with Admiral on their 10 month acclerator bonus they do. Would be £1800 for a 12 month policy but I'm not entirely sure how that 10 month thing works,surely when you leave admiral you no longer have howver many years NCB you gain from it?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yeah, I'll probably do one of those colours if I get trackday wheels.

Keeping silver for now.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That insurance quote was with Admiral on their 10 month acclerator bonus they do. Would be £1800 for a 12 month policy but I'm not entirely sure how that 10 month thing works,surely when you leave admiral you no longer have howver many years NCB you gain from it?

I personally am against these schemes. They only work if you stay with the company for 5 years and if you have no accident. Yes you can get 5yrs NCB after 4 years and 2 months but if you move to another insurer you can only normally declare 4yrs NCB. Same applies after the 10 months, you don't technically have 1yrs NCB so can't declare that moving companies.

Also, I had a crash in my 1st year at fault so when it expired I only had 10months of experience. I had to wait 2 months of no driving until I had a years experience as the price difference was huge. Not sure how yours will be affected as you'll have at least 2 years experience I'm guessing, if the same happened to you. If you don't have a crash and the renewal quotes you get are competitive for the next 5 years then you're ok, if they're not or you have a bump, they work against you IMO.

Clio 2.0 172
Ah right,so basicly if I stay with them for say 10 months I move onto a 'second year' only with admiral but if I wanted to change insurance companys I would still have to stay with admiral for 12 months to declare another year's NCB to a new insurer?

I Have 1 years NCB just now

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Ah right,so basicly if I stay with them for say 10 months I move onto a 'second year' only with admiral but if I wanted to change insurance companys I would still have to stay with admiral for 12 months to declare another year's NCB to a new insurer?

I Have 1 years NCB just now

I'm sure that's how it was when I took out my policy but it may have changed now according to this:

http://www.bell.co.uk/our_cover/bonus_accelerator.php

Worth looking into it mate just in case.

Edit: Last paragraph of this says some companies may not accept a NCB from a 10 month policy:

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.co...ined/10_month_bonus_accelerator_insurance.htm

Clio 2.0 172
According to Bell it says under the sub-heading 'What if I choose not to renew?'

'If you want to leave Bell after 10 months (although we hope you'll want to stay with us) we will give you proof of the No Claims Bonus you have earned with us'

Does that mean if you stay with them for 20 months and then find a better renewal quote elsewhere they provide proof of an official 2 years NCB or just that,20 months driving experience? It implies 2 years NCB?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
According to Bell it says under the sub-heading 'What if I choose not to renew?'

'If you want to leave Bell after 10 months (although we hope you'll want to stay with us) we will give you proof of the No Claims Bonus you have earned with us'

Does that mean if you stay with them for 20 months and then find a better renewal quote elsewhere they provide proof of an official 2 years NCB or just that,20 months driving experience? It implies 2 years NCB?

If you did 2 x 10 months schemes then you'll have 2yrs NCB. Think you'll have to check with other companies if they'll accept it as 2yrs or just the 1 as its not 24 months. Sounds like its company specific.

Clio 2.0 172
Yeah I did think that but wasn't sure. I think you're right,something to consider but needs to be looked into further,don't want to end up being screwed out of something 'valueable' to me such as No Claims Bonus with me being a young driver