ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting some ASTs on friday :)

Well I was the chosen one to inherit robs ASTs in the end, got them fitted in 2 hours with a mate last night and the initial impressions with some aggressive driving on familiar roads is that they are fantastic!

They are firm but comfortable and provide incredible road holding, I didn't think it would be the case but they really are night and day from the original cup packed 182 suspension! Its most noticeable on higher speed corners, especially when touching the brakes and in close bends like roundabouts with sudden weight transfers, as the car does not buck and pitch like it used too :) So anyway very happy with them! Firm springs all round gives a nice balanced feel to the car, and the ease of damping adjustability when on the car is exceptional.

Unfortunately as dr rollo feared they were a little low at the rear so that was raised about 20mm and the damping adjusted proportionally, however the fronts where spot on!

So very happy, got them for a great price along with all the other gubbins like the brembo discs and the car is far happier for it! On the plus side when I took one of my rear shocks off as feared it had popped and was covered in oil anyway so theres a little saving i may have made :eek: ......(trying desperately to justify the £££ I spent on the car last week lol)....

Last edited: