ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting windows re-tinted

was up with my mate at magma(place i got my windows done).

we went up to see about my mates car, i happened to say to the guy i wouldnt have minded my tints being darker and maybe getting a small sunstrip.

said he would redo it in a darker tint for 100 quid with a free sunstrip...just shows you why this place has such a great reputation in central scotland.great guys!

thats pretty damn good! how much did they charge you for your original tints? Im needing mine done, and have thought about with Pentagon (who did a cracking job on my mates Micra - (of all cars!!!) at Cumberland St Glasgow or the one at Jordanhill (cant remember the name). Where is Magma? Ive heard theres somewhere very good out at Clydebank as well. Anyone heard anything about it?

hey guys i am from glasgow and got the windows done in my last car at Pentagon in Cumberland St. and they do a top job. Probably the best in the area- unfortunately they did scratch my rear windows, but they were the ones to point this out and replaced them with no fuss.

However i got my clio tinted about a month ago from Strathclyde Autotint and the guy there used to work for Pentagon-the job again was very good and was only £150 all in. Again there was one slight mistake and that is a small bubble in my drivers window-the guy came out to my house and inspected it and told me whenever i am free to pop in and he will replace it.

This is just my experience with tinting companies in Glasgow and both come with lifetime guarantees- hope this helps mate.

OK, it sound slike Ill have to pay a visit to Strathclyde Autotint then, thats a stunning price for all windows, considering the bubble-shaped rear screens meant to be a bugger to tint on new shape Clios. By the way John, saw your 172 on University Ave on Friday again! Was looking mint, and those tints look excellent. Dont supposed you noticed me prowling about in my noisy black Y-reg thats dipping on 17"s...??!

What wheels is it you have on your car as ive seen quite a few clios about the west end on big wheels-where do u usualy park and how ofter are you at the uni? will look out for you next time anyway. And if you do get your tints done at strathclyde auto then good luck in finding the place as it took me about 2 hours to find!!!

Ive got BK166 5-spokes (they look like a 5-spoke version of Kahn RS-S). And an oval Scorpion exhaust. Most people can hear me before they see me due to the exhaust and ICE! I usually park either on Highburgh Rd. or Byres Rd. depending on how long I am in for, and Im there at least a couple of times a week. (Im supposed to be in uni every day!)