ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GiffGaff

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Want to subscribe to the £10 GoodyBag and i've ordered a SIM, however doen't say if it's a iPhone 4S sized sim, and it says have to top up online, do you have to so this everymonth orcan it be set up like a normal 30day contract?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Good evening,

the GG sims have a micro sim contained with them, it just pushes out. With regards topping up every month, you can use an O2 top up voucher, you can top up monthly via your GG account or you can set your goodybags to reoccurr monthly.

I hope this helps.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thanks, as if I had to log on and pay monthly I'd probably choose different company.

Make sure you take a note of their prices they're changing to soon, i think its a little more money or maybe a cap on allowances A little crappy but i think far too people were taking advantage so maybe its why they have done it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The changes are;

The £10 goody bag now has a 1G data cap and a new £12 goodybag has been introduced which is the same as the old £10 goodybag

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That's good then, not quite as good as my tesco though.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
giffgaff are a good no frills network. They have had a lot of issues recently though, that coupled with their website hardly ever accepting my maestro card for payment annoyed me. I recently changed to a 3 one month rolling contract for £9.60 a month. Similar tariff but no messing about spending 4 hours trying to top my phone up through their website.

LY 182
Yeah had major problems with the data on Saturday which was annoying as hell as I was out at the football all day.

Makes me want to ditch my 4 on SIM only and get a new 5 on contract with somebody like EE.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Their 3G network went nationwide for most of the weekend. That was the nail in the coffin for me, no 3G at work all weekend irritated me. So far, three have been spot on. I've even had better signal then I did on O2 around where I live.

That's good then, not quite as good as my tesco though.

£12 for unlimited data....Tesco cant match that can they?

I'm on giffgaff, has had a few downs, but overall Its been great.

My 3G was fine all weekend too - giffgaff runs on O2 Network so problems are usually down to them!

Three are the only other compnay who offer unlimted data for so little pennies.

182cup & 172 racecar
Been looking into GG, still not sure if to change over or not, any more advances on these comments.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My tesco has unlimited for £10 ;)

Is that an old deal?

I was on their £12.50 iPhone sim from January 2012 for 500 mins, 1GB data and wifi hotspots. I got a text saying from January 2013 I'll get charged £7.50 for data and wifi. So I switched to a new deal and best I saw was 1000 mins and 2GB data without wifi for £15.

Been looking into GG, still not sure if to change over or not, any more advances on these comments.

I had a quick look at them and read something about topping up after using your minutes up. Since Tesco were the same price as them I decided to stay with Tesco and just get billed like any other company.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah mines old deal, it's only 30 day contract to! Saw it in the back of the sun, wasn't on Tescos website main page.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

I left last month and changed to 3.

GG started being quite probmatic. Regular loss of service, both 3G and not being able to call or text added to having constant problems with topping up and buying goody bags made me switch to another network.

3 seemed to offer a similar sim plan for a similar price but are more reliable and problem free.

On GG, I used to buy the £10 goodybag. This got me 1GB of data, 250 minutes and unlimited texts. I'm now on 3 and for £12.90 a month I get 600 minutes, 5500 texts, 1GB of data and 2000 3 to 3 minutes. This is a better deal IMO and I never haw any issues with service.

Clio 172
Watch out with giffgaff. My first top up I used my brothers card, which naturally set it as my default. I removed it, but every time I used my card, my brothers card was charged, without imputing his details.

Proper dodgy glitch

330Ci (Fail)Sport
iPhone sim only adds wifi, for an extra £2.50. I've used wifi once since January so I left it out this time.