ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Giti gtr2

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
Evening guys just wondered what your thoughts are on these tyres if you have tried them. I normally use ar1s on my old megane but seen these really cheap

Cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Doubt you'll find many people who've run them, not very easy to even buy them.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've heard good things. They're available 'part worn' from a guy near Huddersfield. Part worn meaning 5mm left at 30quid a tyre.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
A mate of mine has ran them and said they were mint. He got me a set of them for about £70 and they were indeed, mint

Way better than NS2R. That was on a high boost 172 and it still stuck to B roads like nothing

20190701_164338.jpg

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Filters you've run these haven't you? Sure you mentioned them at CSF
I currently run them mate, epic tyre!

@Royal details they're well worth the small premium (as pointed out, £30 a tyre - part worn but with plenty of life left)
They're rated better than Royo r888r's, AR1s don't really come close either and there's absolutely no comparison between the NS2r

They're a hard compound so better suited for endurance racing. For track days if you start with low pressures when cold they get up to temp/pressure pretty quickly. The advantage being they last a LONG time on track, you'll get minimal wear even if you're properly pushing for the whole day. I've run them at combe, pembrey and Llandow, the latter having an incredibly rough surface and I've still got 4mm on the fronts and 4.5mm on the back.

TyreTek gets them from the teams that run in the "FunCup" and only sells quality part worn tyres.
Just be careful running them on the road, you will pepper the absolute hell out of people behind you as a friend found out the other day :LOL:

Worth pointing out, the rears will take a good while longer to get up to temp so may help to get a bias adjuster fitted.