ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glove box broken, new door or new unit?

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
The glove box lid is broken along the whole hinge.
D740DFF4-DAC6-45F0-B629-263D72FC29D3.jpeg

Do need a new lid or a whole glove box unit?

And how easily does it come out?

Thanks again in advance.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Are the colours all the same?? I’ve seen a few but in different lights I’m never sure I’m buying the same colour.

And secondly, really enjoyed your thread mate.
To save hijacking yours, where did you or the chap who got it for you, get the drip tray??
Is it an official Renault part??

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I think so mate. I'll be honest, when I bought mine, it looked off in the pictures, but when it arrived it was like for like.

Thanks mate. Yes it's a genuine Renault part. He got it from a Renault parts place but in france I believe. I'll tag him so he'll be able to give you more info. Was cheap too. Think we paid about £5 from memory (he bought one too.) Here's a pic of the part with part number too.

2020-04-04_08-25-33.jpg

@Louis

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Thanks mate.

Can I be proper cheeky? A previous owner has sprayed the dash inserts black on mine and I want to get a silver set to return it to OEM.
Theres plenty on eBay. Some say for a 172 and some say both and the years seem to cover up to 2006, which includes my 2005.
But they all look the same, are the dash inserts interchangeable? Or was there a time when they differed?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Cads Have you got a new glove box? If not I have one from the 182cI recently broke for this very reason! £15 posted.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The drip trays are a mk1 Clio part, revision of the earlier R5 ones. RPD still sell them

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I don’t mate. I’ll take it with much gratitude!
You don’t happen to have the silver dash inserts as well per chance?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The dash inserts are different, 172 are carbon effect iirc, 182 are plain silver