ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gnarrrrrrrrgh FFS! (insurance)

I'm 27.

I have 9 years no claims.

I've passed my Advanced Driving Test.

I drive a 12 year old car worth about £3k tops.

This seemingly has f**k all impact on my insurance though as apparently making a mistake/getting caught twice and then being the victim of a hit and run parking incident (that I managed to track down and get all the money for through his insurance) as well as daring to want to be different and not drive a standard car means I mow down old ladies for fun and crash into ferraris all the time :rolleyes: :mad: :banghead:

c**ksuckers.com said:
allPricesFound.gif

All prices quoted include insurance premium tax

Car quotedRENAULT CLIO 16V (INJ) 1991-1996 1764cc 3 DOOR HATCHBACK Manual PetrolSearch date24/07/2006Protected NCBYesYears NCB9

COMPANY PRICELEGAL​
COVERPAY MONTHLY
(subject to credit policy)
AA
cross.gif
unable to quote for modified vehicles
ASDA
cross.gif
can only allow 1 conviction per driver
Auto Direct
cross.gif
Budget
cross.gif
Dial Direct
cross.gif
Direct Choice
cross.gif
Easy Money
cross.gif
Unable to quote pncb due to claim
Insure It All
cross.gif
Insureandgo
cross.gif
Unable to quote pncb due to claim
Its4Me
cross.gif
Kwik-Fit Insurance
cross.gif
Lancaster Classic Car
cross.gif
unable to offer this class of use
Local Broker
cross.gif
Unable to quote due to age
MINT
cross.gif
MORE TH>N
cross.gif
unable to quote for any business use
Norwich Union Direct
cross.gif
Peoples Choice
cross.gif
Quinn Direct
cross.gif
unable to quote for 2+ convictions
Quote-A-Car
cross.gif
RAC
cross.gif
SAGA
cross.gif
Unable to quote due to proposers age
Swiftcover.com
cross.gif
Admiral
cross.gif
insurer unable to quote for your details
Endsleigh
cross.gif
Lancaster Insurance
cross.gif
elephant.co.uk
NotWithUs.gif
insurer opted out. click name for info
DIRECT LINE
NotWithUs.gif
TESCO
NotWithUs.gif
I just want insurance FFS :banghead:

Recommendations more than welcome...

Bugger me...

Tesco.com said:
Your quote

Step 2 of 7
Your car insurance quote £59.09 a month

Premium includes Insurance Premium Tax where applicable
Your payment breakdown

Deposit (Credit/Debit card) £131.25

1st instalment (Direct Debit) £59.09

Remaining 9 instalments £59.08

APR 19.0 %

Total amount payable £722.06

Or you can pay by one lump sum either by Direct Debit or Credit/Debit card.

The amount payable is £678.30

This includes your online discount.
They haven't asked for modifications yet though... :rolleyes:

D

dick

just phone them up.

its on;y because its online they wont insure you.

adrian flux?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LoL

They suck, big time! Been there before - won't be making that mistake again...

MK1 Clio 16v
Call up insurance companies. I had real trouble insuring a valver at 19 with less than a years driving experience, 0NCB, and only a couple of companies would quote. Eventually ended up paying £2000.00 with Adrian Flux TPF&T.

I couldn't get anyone to quote online..

I remember doing it the old-fashioned way a few years back. Spent the usual 10 minutes on the phone with the guy, getting towards the end he asks "any modifications?", I reply "yes, alloys" to which he replies "Oh we don't insure modified cars".

WTF didn't you ask that at the f**king beginning then, before wasting 10 minutes of my life you cocksucker.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Adrian flux suck and are way too expensive, they wanted £4000 to insure me on a delorean.

Tesco suck. their standard breakdown recover insurance isnt worth the paper its written on. Their replacement car cover is ok though.

MOST insurance companies suck. It's a good business to be in by the look of it.

Any mods? NO

If you have an accident, take the mods off :D

Im with churchill, sorted me out well cheap for my valver
Im paying 500 a year with 1 years no claims bonus, and Im 24....today!!!

Last edited:
  BMW 330d :)
I use privilege. Im paying just over £400 a year for business use as well on my 172 cup. Im 25 with 7 years no claims. This was the cheapest quote I could get. Try them but im not sure about modifications. Also phone insurers and get them fighting with each other for your custom. They tend to have price matching policies.

Be patient and good luck!

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Give firebond a call - have been the best for me with my 205GTi, and can cover mods. They also seem to have reasonably knowledgable staff, who are keen to help out...

Have had the same problems with the 182 though - it only has an exhaust on, and every company I called wanted at least £650+ (a lot couldn't even give me a price, as it's newish and modded!!!!) eventually went with directline's renewal at £480 (more than I'm paying for on the LCR, which is a group higher, but so far standard!). I actually had lower quotes for an Impreza WRX than I could get for the 182 with an exhaust - it just seems as though the insurers are really moving against anyone who has a modded car and is declaring their mods...
FFS, the exhaust on the 182 doesn't change performance, just makes a different noise!

Will be interesting to wait and see what the LCR costs with a revo and induction fitted - expecting it to be serious £££'s

al

ST on the way...
RAC :D

They do good discounts depending on where and when you drive too, they call it "Driving Habbits Discount"

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Try Admiral. They WILL insure modded cars, only on the understanding that they will replace modded parts for STANDARD RENAULT parts though. This is the ONLY place I could find that will insure modded cars without any arguements. It seems that most other insurance companies class modded cars as too high risk and are indeed under the impression all modded car drivers are absolute nutters!

FF 182, v6 wheels
Call Flint Insurance On 0208 427 6464 Before 5:30pm. Very Good price On Insurance.

or try green light 01277 263 030

Can I stick pins in my eyes instead?

lol

They will be an absolute last resort for me! (but thanks for the suggestion anyway :) - I've just learnt from past mistakes not to go with them again!)

1.8 Civic EX
fair play....but when you think about it...you only get what you pay for so thats probably why they are a bit crap when it comes to clames

I am 28 - have 7/8 years no claims - have a 53 plate clio 172 with lots of mods (all declared) and am paying £580 fully comp with Adrain Flux and Im sure If I had rung round a bit more I could have got it down.
As said above dont bother doing on line quotes if you have mods - will not quote for any car with any mods - need to gove them a ring - try Adrian Flux or performance direct etc.

just read ur last post and I have also heard bad things about adrian Flux claims so maybe a good idea to avoid them - I shall ring round again next year. Try freds advice - green light are good also oh and I used to see car insurance for the AA about 6/7 years ago - dont even bother wasting your time asking for a quote!!

AA are funny though - you ring them up, they quote you £4k then ask what the best offer you've had was - When you say it's under a quarter of their kind offer they're like 'duh?' lol

Just logged in to try that and it's coming up quite cheap, even with mods, points and accident declared! Will have to ring them though to confirm.

Black PH2 172 FF
White16valver said:
Just logged in to try that and it's coming up quite cheap, even with mods, points and accident declared! Will have to ring them though to confirm.

;)