ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GO PRO Recording Limits

So I borrowed my mates Hero 3 Black last night to film a 40 minute kart race. Thanks @Kelv.

For some reason it's split the recording into two clips of 20 minutes.

Is this normal? Or is it just on a certain setting?

It's no big deal, I'm just curios for when I eventually buy myself one.

Really really impressed with it though!! Such a good bit of kit. It's so easy to set up and use.

The footage is really impressive too, seeing as it was attached to a moving helmet on a vibrating go kart.

I have a HD2 and it limits the file size so that when recording 1080p it splits into 17mins in each file.

It's standard practice I think.

Oh ok cool thanks. Thought it might have been the case.

Also, got a issue when uploading to YouTube...

The videos seem to start half way along, which is really weird. How do I correct this?

In fact - looking at my links on a friends YouTube they start from the beginning. It seems it's just mine.

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The SD cards use the FAT32 system which limits each file size at 4gb, once it reaches that limit it starts the next clip.

They all merge fine in an editing programme, so it's ok.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The problem you're having with YouTube starting the vids half way through is similar to what i've had before.

It seems to only affect you when you're logged in with your account, if you log out or send the link to someone it will start from the beginning.

The problem you're having with YouTube starting the vids half way through is similar to what i've had before.

It seems to only affect you when you're logged in with your account, if you log out or send the link to someone it will start from the beginning.

Yeah I agree. Just annoying more than anything. But doesn't seem to affect the link you've sent people.