ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God Damn Alan costing me money ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well Alan is a legend in his own lunchbreak and semi pc's my gf's car today ( bad weather stopped play!) but Im now sold on the idea of getting one!

Been on autotopia and come up with this list, any stuff Ive forgotten? Could get better instead? Should just not get at all?

Cheers everyone

Porter Cable 7424 Car Polisher $149.99

DAS Pad Bundle & Bonnet $47.69

Sonus SFX-1 Restore Polish $10.00

Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Swirl Remover $10.00

Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish Polish $10.00

P21S Carnauba Car Wax $31.99

Genuine Wool Wash Mitt $8.99

Plus postage at $66.40 = $335 or £165

Yes or no??

Cheers John

Punto/Clio GTT
general no to a pc.

go for a rotary at 1/2 price with better finishes unless your a complete numpty..... then go for the pc :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
ok dropped the p21s for either petes 53' or megs number 16 miror glaze according to my man in the know ;)

Anyone got a discount code for autopia?

Mégane RS
lol, i registered the other day and i'm £100 down now and i dont even have a car lol

106 GTi
The Menzerna range will give a better Gloss/Finish. I have no issues with the Sonus defect correction ability.

106 GTi
I would use the Menzerna Intensive Polish rather than SFX 1 but that is just me!

SFX 1 and then Menzerna Final Finish would be fine though.

106 GTi
Rotary will always produce better results once you have mastered it. Though to get a wax ready flawless finish by Rotary is a art. Lots of people use the Rotary to correct defects and then the PC to refine the finish.

ST
Yes mate, carnuba over the top, tho you should really seal and glaze before waxing for a better finish IMO...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah yeah mind you saying now!

So its

1.PC with orange pad and sonus sfx1

2. PC with ? pad and menzerna or whatever

3. Seal

4. Glaze

5. Carnuba

Jeez, no wonder it takes you 10 hours per car ;)

ST
Yeah its...

1. Orange Sonus SFX Pad with SFX1 polish

2. Sonus Blue SFX Pad with SFX2 polish or menz

3. Sonus Green SFX Pad with menz final finish.

4. Seal with chem guys jet seal or chem guys blitz.

5. Glaze with chem guys EZ creme glaze.

6. A carnuba of your choice, be it Chem guys petes 53', Chem guys 50/50 or my personal winter wax megs #16 mirror glaze.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yeah mind you saying now!

So its

1.PC with orange pad and sonus sfx1

2. PC with ? pad and menzerna or whatever

3. Seal

4. Glaze

5. Carnuba

Jeez, no wonder it takes you 10 hours per car ;)

Its definitely worth it, John. Even just as an occasional polish with the SFX polish pad and some AG SRP. The results of that alone are very noticable - if all you have done is wash and dried your car over the past few months.

Get an iPod plugged in your ears and the whole process is quite therapeutic! :eek:

D.

ST
Indeed Darren...tho i roll with my sony MP3 player...noise cancelling so i cant hear the wee kids in the street crashin their bikes etc lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah its...

6. A carnuba of your choice, be it Chem guys petes 53', Chem guys 50/50 or my personal winter wax megs #16 mirror glaze.

x

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah its...

x

The Blitz sealant works really well with the EZ Creme Glaze and the 50/50... that would be my choice.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You can more than sufficient results with a PC...Rotary and your asking for trouble!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I hand polished my Monaco Blue 172 in June with SRP topped with EGP.

See thread below for results achieved with PC and Menz polishes a couple of weeks back. I know loads of you have probably read it, but its relevant to the thread.:D

Best of luck Djw John, you'll enjoy it but as the lads say, its hard work first time.

PS dont forget your extension lead! Oh and Megs Last Touch is my favourite product at the moment for a quick detailer.;)

James

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248900

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yeah its...

Chazzy chas...You glaze before you seal son!

ST
Yeah its...

Chazzy chas...You glaze before you seal son!

Sorry mate, i'm sh1t at detailin i really have a wee Kosovo boy who lives in ma garage who does it for a few meals n a can of irn bru..:rolleyes: