ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to an iPad 2 from an iMac

182 Turbo Project
Ok, so I need something more portable. Been offered an iPad 2 16gb wifi, 2 cases and the keyboard/dock thing.

Is this worth it for my iMac?

Am I able to connect a hard drive to the iPad 2?

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

L

Ibiza FR
I would say the iPad is more a device to complement the iMac along side it, not to replace it?
Hard drive cannot be connected to the iPad, the most you can connect is a camera / SD card through the connection kit.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What do you use you iMac for at the moment?

Tell us and we'll tell you if an iPad would be suitable.

Imo, an iMac and iPad are such a good pair of devices to own, most people would have both.

182 Turbo Project
Browsing the internet, CS, the odd word processing, photos, music.

I'm not a web designer etc, just an average user.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Does all that along as you only want to store and share photo's, not much editing.

I recommend subscribing to flickr and keeping photo's on there to save iPad space.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Your iMac spec isn't the best, but i still wouldn't swap it for an iPad, especially a basic one.

182 Turbo Project
My iMac is more than enough for what I need though. 4gb of ram is more than plenty and the processor is slick for what I use. Think I may hold out for a MacBook rather than an iPad tbh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
once iCloud is released... you won't need any storage device.

Well, yeah you will.

Unless you have a constant high speed connection to the internet everywhere. Maybe in a decade that might be the case but for the moment you need loads of local storage.

Rav4
Well, yeah you will.

Unless you have a constant high speed connection to the internet everywhere. Maybe in a decade that might be the case but for the moment you need loads of local storage.

I'd never want everything in the cloud, if anything, I would store a lot on my own NAS device and then allow access to it remotely, but that's about it.

Rav4
Thats the same thing. But just for yourself lol.

Didn't explain myself properly.

It's not really the same as you are hosting it yourself, at home, your own restrictions......... so when you're at home you're not on the "cloud" but on the LAN ! Only on the cloud when you're out and about.

Top stuff :rasp: