ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf R32 - Round 1

Met up with a guy with a mint R32 today for a shoot, really looked forward to this :)

So we arranged a shoot around Bristol, HOWEVER, the weather was bloody awful! The one good place was a place under a road (so it was dry!), everytime we tried to go anywhere else it pissed it down!

In the end we treated it as a test session, so when we meet again (which we will soon!) we'll know what sort of shots work, and what locations seemed good.

Here's a few shots from the session today, all were taken in the same place, as it was the only dry place! So I did the best with what I had :)

DSC_5043.jpg

DSC_5071.jpg

Yes I know the badge isn't the right was up!
DSC_5086.jpg

DSC_5064.jpg

DSC_5123.jpg

It also gave me a chance to practice a new type of lighting that I want to improve on. It's called light painting, and instead of using flashes, you use a 'torch' and light the car in a long exposure. Pretty happy with the result after my first proper attempt!

DSC_5172.jpg

Not my best set-up I know, but there's only so much you can do with one location, when you're pissed off with the weather too!

Just spotted these on flickr. Your lighting is always brilliant.

The last one looks interesting, might have to give that a go.

fantastic shots! lighting is very good...are you using proper lighting units?

Yep, two 500W flashes, and I also use my SB800 to 'fill in' parts as well.

Wicked pictures, what kind of 'touch' did you use?

I work for a company that manufacture Forensic equipment, one line of products they do are Forensic light sources, for crime scene examination.

One particular product is PERFECT for this lighting, its very powerful, it's LED so it produces a nice white light, and the output is very uniform.

This is what it looks like:
http://www.fosterfreeman.com/products/forensic-ls/crimelite-80s/crimelite80s.html

(and the name of the company isnt coincidence either, that's why I was able to 'borrow' one from work :))

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah, as soon as Jamie mentioned your name I cringed, no way I can take photos that compare to these lol. Great work as always Dan. :)

Last edited:
  TTRS & V50
Top quality, i love how you pick at your brilliant pics, there always seems space for potential, yet with a perfect shot. Agree with Ali, tbh.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Hey Dan,

Excellent work again. Was that underneath the bridge by the showcase cinema?

Did you have a look around by the cumberland Basin way I PM'd you about? That is the same sort of area that Daniel has mentioned by the SS GB.