ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye!!

R5 Gordini Turbo

Subject to my car being sold tomorrow, I will no longer be a Renault Clio Owner. Whilst it has been fun, I think that I am getting old and require a little more comfort (and just a little more power).

I would like to thank everyone I have met at the few events that I have been to, and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I will still be looking in on you all from time to time as I am still a fully paid up member, and I will be leaving details of the forum in the car for the new owner.

Megane 225 baby! :)

sorry to hear that youre selling (leave the stickers on!!!), pop in every now and again just to see if we are all still mad :p

R5 Gordini Turbo

I am getting an Audi S3, and the reason the Clio 172 is going is because I am fed up of people driving into it when it is parked.

a man afta my own heart, wots the details on the s3? is it new? colour etc-id have 1 of these like a shot rather than ne other car at mo. is it the new 1 or u getin a deal on the old?

Jamie

Sat in an S3 the other day which was up for £27k. Have always wanted one but even to a spend freak like me I cant justify it. Lucky Barsteward!!

Has anyone noticed how the new A3 looks very much like a Seat!! The lights on the front are great, very aggressive but the rear I am not sure.

R5 Gordini Turbo

It is a 2000 W S3 in Green, with 269bhp MTM upgrade, AP 4 pot brakes etc, etc. It is fully loaded with every option and it was affordable at £12.5k

Scudetto - Maybe it will get hit as often, but I have had 3 cars where I live and work and none of them have been hit like this one. I think that you will agree, 4 hits in 5 weeks is a little excessive, added to the car park scrape that heppened and some yoof writing their name in one of the headlights with a key!

VW Potato

ok, ok i guess the Clio was just unlucky! Hope you enjoy the Audi and that its grief free for you!

all the best

g

R5 Gordini Turbo

Cheers, the other reason, I am fed up with it is the level of service I am getting from my local dealer. It may shock you but a service on the Audi is cheaper!!!

R5 Gordini Turbo

Jamie,

I have trade links so I got the car at the trade price. But I cant replicate it I dont think. It was a case of looking for a car for someone else at work and I saw the S3 and thought that it was for me.

R5 Gordini Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 30 June 2003

Yeah im sure youll get more respect from the dealers there.
I probably will as I know the dealer principle at the local Audi as he is an old family freind.

Fecking racers!

If I had an S3 I wouldnt be after respect from racers!! Theyre classy cars, not built for ragging about a one way system!

Top deal matey, U done well out of it, lovely cars :)

R5 Gordini Turbo

Well I hope to be along to the next meeting with it as I am still a fully paid up Cliosport Member, that is if you guys dont mind.

Mk2 172

Bigmoose...Not everyone on this site owns a clio, or even a renault.

There seem to be loads of others. Civic Type R boys, Saxo VTR boys. I am sure some just join because it is an excellent site.

You dont need to leave us.

You could of course give us a diary forum of what your new S3 is like.

R5 Gordini Turbo

I will indeed, and I wont be disappearing, I just dont want to get into a slanging match as to which car is better, and besides I like it here, just look on the audi forums and all is a little dull.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Bigmoose - this forum will need former 172 owners like us to stick around so that we can remove some of their delusions and keep them grounded. Besides Cupra R is much better than a 172 anyway.;)

R5 Gordini Turbo

Greeper

I couldnt agree with you more, however I am unable to comment on the Cupra R, but I do intend to stick around. Why are you getting the Golf?

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Company car, could have had any car under the agreement but decided I wanted better build quality and better fuel economy plus golf is meant to do 0-60 in just over 7 seconds, best of both worlds. ;)

Really miss the Clio though.

R5 Gordini Turbo

I will really miss the clio too, I am going for a slightly bigger car and the quality.... and a little more speed!!!