ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodridge Braided Lines

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
2 applications available

1. Clio Sport 172 / 182 / 182 Cup
spacer.gif
2001-on
spacer.gif
£44.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
blank.gif
app_data_description_icon.gif
Description: Stainless Steel Fittings.
or

spacer.gif
Clio Sport 172 / 182 / 182 Cup
spacer.gif
2001-on
spacer.gif
£44.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
blank.gif
Description: Zinc Plated Steel Fittings.

Zinc or stainless? Thoughts?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Does anyone do a proper kit for the rear? thats just does not replace the link to the rear beam, but goes the full length to the rear cailper....?

Teds said:
Does anyone do a proper kit for the rear? thats just does not replace the link to the rear beam, but goes the full length to the rear cailper....?
No need to chnage the whole of the pipe.
I think most kits come with rear lines as well.

The kits i've seen don't.! but they only replace the 2 short rubber pipes which connect the rear of the car to the rearbeam. Which seems like half a job to me. Its not a big problem, i can get so made up. Just thought i would as and save me a job.

Lionel Richie
Teds said:
The kits i've seen don't.! but they only replace the 2 short rubber pipes which connect the rear of the car to the rearbeam. Which seems like half a job to me. Its not a big problem, i can get so made up. Just thought i would as and save me a job.

we've looked into it, but don't see the need as those rear lines are high pressue anyway

the cup racers run full ones, but they have to

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
DarthCake said:
2 applications available

1. Clio Sport 172 / 182 / 182 Cup
spacer.gif
2001-on
spacer.gif
£44.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
blank.gif
Description: Stainless Steel Fittings.
or

spacer.gif
Clio Sport 172 / 182 / 182 Cup
spacer.gif
2001-on
spacer.gif
£44.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
blank.gif
Description: Zinc Plated Steel Fittings.

Zinc or stainless? Thoughts?

£30.80 from rally design.

Teds said:
Dont like rubber. Its pants...! and it degrades with age.

The lines on the rear axle AFT of the lines you replace are solid steel, and thus better than any stainless braided hoses anyway.

Not on my car there not..!! Its pipe with HP rubber crimped unions mix. (crap renault combo.....!) Thats why they are coming off. Seems sensible to me. Then no worries with standard parts as the car ages aswell as it being upgraded. And with future MOT's.

I'll just make so up..! easy.

you mean from the flexi rubber part near the axle pivot point to the rear calipers are rubber!?

Yeah.That's it the rubber bit. No one seems to incorperate them into there kits. only the short 2 Flexi from car to beam.

The short flexi to the rear beam are the only rubber hoses on there, the rest is solid all the way along the trailing arm to the caliper because its fixed distance. Unless your referring to the tiny bit of pipe that is on some cars just before the bend upto the caliper off the trailing arm.

Yeah thats correct. Its a mix of both. To help fitment i would think. But the rubber is quite exposed. Located pretty high in the rear wheel it just needs tidying up.

Only on some you say..? Mine must have been made on a Friday then. lol

Terrorist said:
IIrc Mark Ritchspeed makes them up any length any car for £15, give him a bell Cupcake
You've got to find him the mans disappeared of the face of the earth.

Any brake line manrfacture can make them up contrack them or Demon tweeks etc.

RenaultSport clio 182
I had my front brake kit installed today.. I bought brembo discs, frodo pads, lines and dot 4 fluid from Yozzasport.. Just bedding it all in now but it feels lovely!!!

Thanks for the help Yozzasport, much appreciated...

Seriously recommended improvement to a clio 182...