ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2009 pics

Lee

BMW M2C
Taken on Friday. Not much to say really other than an awesome event as it is every year.

The full gallery is here, with the images full size: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rodstreet/sets/72157620900387187/

Constructive comments welcomed.

3694217638_310c652371_b.jpg

3694200094_6622a53ff7_b.jpg

3694194042_e8ef02288a_b.jpg

3693366391_b16a5546f9_b.jpg

3694173658_dde32d16b4_b.jpg

3694240886_6142d3f029_b.jpg

3694234714_e6691924cd_b.jpg

3693431353_671d811922_b.jpg

3694239670_d3df51f85b_b.jpg

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice pics, really liking the rally stage ones.

I was really pleased with most of them. I didn't really have time to get a decent position on the hill. If it hadn't been for the WSR I'd have gone for a couple of days.

I've just been through the lot, nice pics there Lee :cool:

Nice to see most of the manufacturers putting their older cars on the stands too (ford esp)

I'm slowly finding out that I missed a very good show (I thought last years wasn't that good really so decided not to bother this year) Oh well :(

Mini Cooper S sport
Fab pics Lee. The forest rally stage was one of the best bits.

The OH got some good video footage of a couple of them nearly stacking it, I'll see if he'll upload them. Sebastien Loeb is unbelieveable (he didn't nearly crash!)

Lee

BMW M2C
Fab pics Lee. The forest rally stage was one of the best bits.

The OH got some good video footage of a couple of them nearly stacking it, I'll see if he'll upload them. Sebastien Loeb is unbelieveable (he didn't nearly crash!)

We had Loeb playing DiRT2 on Saturday. He loved it. :D

Fantastic variety and quality, considering they were all taken in one day I'm hugely impressed, you've pretty much covered everything to some degree.

Lee

BMW M2C
Fantastic variety and quality, considering they were all taken in one day I'm hugely impressed, you've pretty much covered everything to some degree.

Cheers, I was hoping you would have a look and let me know what you thought. I was shattered by the end of the day with all that walking. Worth it though.

Cheers, I was hoping you would have a look and let me know what you thought. I was shattered by the end of the day with all that walking. Worth it though.

I was hoping to offer some constructive criticism, but I can't, really. The side-on panning is top notch, and the rally shots are full of atmosphere. I can't really work out how you did so much in a day, to be honest!

Lee

BMW M2C
I was hoping to offer some constructive criticism, but I can't, really. The side-on panning is top notch, and the rally shots are full of atmosphere. I can't really work out how you did so much in a day, to be honest!

You posted something regarding panning a while back, relating to following through with the pan even when not shooting. It really helps.

It helped a lot at Silverstone on Saturday and Sunday. I just wish I'd got a 400m lens. Most the time my 70-200 was at 200 with the 1.4 extender on! http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=435863

I'm worn out today. On the way back from Goodwood I was finding myself following white lines and brake lights instead of watching the road! :eek:

182, SQ7, Trafic
Nice shots :) I went Sunday.

That tractor ride hurts more than walking up the hill! Plus you get to walk past the rally stage walking :D

LY V6 with Recaros
Great pics! Looks like a good day will have to try and go to this next year.

Mini Cooper S sport
We walked up to the rally stage, it was a right old hike. The queue for the tractors was huge - plus one got stuck against a tree.

We wanted to go home afterwards but they weren't going to open the track crossing for another 25 minutes so we had to walk right down to the bottom and over the bridge then back up to the exit :(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I left early this year at 2:15 (Friday) but it took me 3 hours to get home thanks to an overturned lorry on the A3 and a string of accidents/breakdowns on the M25, to add insult to injury it looks like I picked up Swine Flu whilst at Goodwood.

Lee

BMW M2C
We walked up to the rally stage, it was a right old hike. The queue for the tractors was huge - plus one got stuck against a tree.

We wanted to go home afterwards but they weren't going to open the track crossing for another 25 minutes so we had to walk right down to the bottom and over the bridge then back up to the exit :(

Bunch of kids driving them!!

I was expecting a massive queue for them, but we got straight on.

Gareth, I left at 6, and got back to Addlestone about 9!! As the M25 was a car park I had a bite to eat then left about 9.45. I was back in Bedford just after 11, but I was totally shattered.