ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood in my ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had a great day there back in August, weather was fantastic all day long. Had a few good tussles in the ST, lots of lightweight, blown, and grippy cars, huge fun.

This is the first of a few that will follow

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice driving as usual, M3 didn't take long to reel you in on that straight.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the videos.

Me and @RyG had a few straight line blasts the other night, considering his car has suspected timing issues (£90 invoice for cambelt change, rough idle, completely flat then the most aggressive 5k kick I've ever felt) it kept with me fairly easily.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport

Me and @RyG had a few straight line blasts the other night, considering his car has suspected timing issues (£90 invoice for cambelt change, rough idle, completely flat then the most aggressive 5k kick I've ever felt) it kept with me fairly easily.

Needs stage 1 map, really comes alive! Do it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd love to take mine on a track, think it would be amazing fun.

Glare on the dashboard is dangerous imo, I quite often drive blind because of it.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I'd love to do Goodwood purely because I love the Revival weekend. What's a typical fast lap there? I've always wondered how modern hot hatches compare to the historic racing cars. Fiesta looked quick and stable!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My best laps are 1.37.6 in my 172 Cup (stripped, soft sticky tyres, epic brakes) and a 1.39.1 in my ST MP215 (standard other than DS2500s on the front axle).

I'll make sure to note at the revival meeting in a few weeks what they get around in.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Tidy mate! How do you rate the ds2500 compared to Oem? Had any pad break ups yet?

I never found the originals lacking in bite or power...but they were just too grabby. The DS2500s with their lesser response when cold are much much better and far easier to modulate on the road.

The DS2500s on track were solid all day long...not one hint of fade but then Goodwood does give them lots of time with fast flowing air to cool between stops.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
...and one more...I've watched all my sessions like this now and have learned a huge amount for when I'm out next. What was it Jackie Stewart said? "Don't press the throttle until you can be sure you can stay on it"?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I never found the originals lacking in bite or power...but they were just too grabby. The DS2500s with their lesser response when cold are much much better and far easier to modulate on the road.

The DS2500s on track were solid all day long...not one hint of fade but then Goodwood does give them lots of time with fast flowing air to cool between stops.

Yes they are grabby. Might be something to look at next.

Also how do you run esc on track, in sport or all off?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yes they are grabby. Might be something to look at next.

Also how do you run esc on track, in sport or all off?

Get them from George 172 (RTR parts) - he sorted me with a set and they've transformed the day-to-day drive...it's only when they're gone that you really realise just how bad they are!

I ran the ESC in sport all day this time out. I played about with gentle mid-corner lifts throughout the day to get the back moving and it never cut in. It was only on my last session, on the last corner of the day that I tried to properly hang the back out and the ESC jumped in and stopped play. Was quite subtle though...the flashing light on the dash was what made me realise.

I'm very comfortable with its on-limit behaviour now so next time it'll be off all the way.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

I thought the complete oposite, I struggled to keep with you! (I did have an exhaust in the boot tbf)

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
MX-5 Didn't look very rapid, you passed it easily enough. Mine wasn't particularly slow on track and that was standard power.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
MX-5 Didn't look very rapid, you passed it easily enough. Mine wasn't particularly slow on track and that was standard power.

He knew the track, knew the lines, normally once I'm past someone at Goodwood I'll get away because there's a place or two they're not comfortable with. He was on it all the way round. Watching him bounce and weave behind was a laugh.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Lotus Cortina's are lapping around the 1:30 mark, and classic Mini's around 1:36... Bloody impressive if you ask me!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
so seven cameras in the car at once? i strugle with just one and even then its crap, ha ha.