ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

goodyear eagle f1 GSD3's?

IS PH2 172
after yesterdays little incident in the snow i found myself in need of a new front tyre, and not wanting to swap out just one ive decided its time for a new set. Gone for the eagle f1 gsd3s from a company called event tyres, who fit the tyres at your house or office. They've priced them at £78.99 a corner fully fitted or £300.16 for 4 fully fitted..... interested to know what people make of the tyres, and the price?

clio trophy No56
Price seems good, i paid £88 fully fitted for two fronts on the Trophy.
As for how good they are, they just dont compare to the PE2's in the wet, they slide alot more probably due to the tyre pattern.
In the dry they are good but again not as good as the PE2's.
As soon as i have some spare cash PE2's will be going back on my car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Personal preference and driving style play a big part. I can't stand the exalto, and would say the f1 is a far better tyre. Assuming the prices are for 16inch? If so not a bad price.

IS PH2 172
Personal preference and driving style play a big part. I can't stand the exalto, and would say the f1 is a far better tyre. Assuming the prices are for 16inch? If so not a bad price.

Yeah price is for 16's. I have to say i have had a bit of a look around, and looks like i could have got hold of the tyres a bit cheaper if i was prepared to wait for delivery, and then have them fitted seperately, tbh quite happy with paying a couple of quid extra to have them on the car today, while i slob in the house (sure my boss would have prefered id gone to kwik fit - was due in at 9am :D)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I paid £49 a tyre from mytyres when I had me 172, for GSD3's.

I really rate them, and find wet grip very good. I'm going for a set of F1 asymmetric next week on the Megane

IS PH2 172
Tyre people have just been, all fitted up in about 40 mins, happy days! very reasonable price imo considering about the same price as kwik-sh!t but they fitted them on my drive. added bonus that my boss thinks theres no point in me coming into the office now so been given today as paid holiday.... result