ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Drive VS Dropbox VS Skydrive

Inferno 182 CUP
So anybody ditched Dropbox for google drive yet?

I found Dropbox lack of ios updates frustrating. Buggy and the storage capacity limited for a free account.

Google offer 5gb as standard and I can manage the files all from the same chrome window as gmail and contacts. Winner from me!

Shame they don't have an iOS app yet!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I already use the paid storage anyway, bit pissed that its increased so much.

20GB cost me £5 for the year, now it costs me nearly that a month. Thankfully i dont have to worry about that until December.

Someone like Google shouldn't be launching without an iOS app. Very poor from them.

I have a dropbox account but I don't really need/use it. Although I do pay Google for extra storage on my Gmail already.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
In comparison to Gmail?

Well for one i use gmail and i dont use hotmail/live/whatever mail. I moved because the interface was clunky and it still isterrible

Inferno 182 CUP
Anybody find one service has more features, better tto use than another? I saw Dropbox introduced new features this afternoon.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Dropbox FTW. It's just easy to use. I can take a picture on my phone, send it to my computer, and have the link to it in a post I'm writing in Firefox on the computer in less than 30 seconds. I'd have it there even faster if I had an iPhone.

koi

Audi S1
Got upgraded to 25GB on Skydrive for free but won't be using it until they can fix the ui, needs a major update. Dropbox is a breeze to use.

Not seen Google Drive in action but will have to check it out, hopefully they can integrate with the Gmail and the Android interface seamlessly.

Cayman S Edition 1
I use dropbox and skydrive. Just got the 25GB free upgrade on skydrive, but my only complaint would be that the "Live Mesh" client only gives you 5GB space, not the full 25GB available on skydrive.

Inferno 182 CUP
I ditched Dropbox for google and have gone back after 2 days.

Google won't sync files!

I uploaded 290 pics and only 40 would show or share.

That is why Dropbox wins I suppose!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Apparently I have 1.53GB of 'stuff' in Google Drive. Except I don't. There is nothing in the folder on my Mac and nothing is showing when I view online. f**k knows what's going on.