ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoPro Hero importing problems

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I have a 2010 MBP and a GoPro Hero. I have 3 videos on the GoPro that I'd like to import.

When I connect the GoPro to my MBP via USB, Photos opens up, showing the 3 videos, but it won't let me import them. It comes up with the error message

The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognised file type or the files may not contain valid data)

How do I sort this?

Thanks

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Have you tried importing them through studio? Not as handy but maybe the fastest fix
I have and it kept saying the device was disconnected during the import process (it wasn't). Although I may try and re download it and try again

I have and it kept saying the device was disconnected during the import process (it wasn't). Although I may try and re download it and try again

Probably not releated but I've been having problems with the latest studio, getting error codes constantly, I did a search and grabbed an older version again and have had no problems since.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Still no joy. I've reinstalled studio and tried that, now it's not acknowledging the camera at all. When I tried again through Photos (after formatting the SD card also, which I didn't want to do) it did show a progress bar under the 'Importing video' bit, but it still popped up with errors, again "the camera was disconnected during import" or "unreadable files"

For such a small and simple device it doesn't half cause some ballache

Still no joy. I've reinstalled studio and tried that, now it's not acknowledging the camera at all. When I tried again through Photos (after formatting the SD card also, which I didn't want to do) it did show a progress bar under the 'Importing video' bit, but it still popped up with errors, again "the camera was disconnected during import" or "unreadable files"

For such a small and simple device it doesn't half cause some ballache

If you want to try it, the older version was 2.5.3