ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GOrilla Pods

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Are they any good for an SLR.

Big TRipods FTL when out and about

My gorilla pod SLR Zoom is decent with a 50mm or a 18-55 on it, but doesn't like my 450D with a grip on.

Quite cool little thing tbh.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
We sell them here and had a few in the office to play around with. Medium sized one seemed ok but we only had D40's in the office to test them with.

Can't say what they're like outside in windy conditions, etc.

SLR Zoom is fine for me with the D90 and some fairly hefty lens (such as Sigma 20mm 1.8)

I love them, carrying and setting up a proper tripod ftl ;)

My only gripe is they are so low down if used on the floor, which sucks with no live view.

On the plus side, it makes you appreciate how awesome shots not taken 6ft up in the air are, if anything, that's what I like the most about them. Plus you can take it everywhere, even if tripods are banned.

My favourite Gorilla shot...a) it's low, and b) everyone with a tripod was getting chased by armed guards

421763466_82m4x-L.jpg

Megane RS 275 Trophy
I have an SLR zoom, it was a pain in the back side to screw on and of the camera so now I have a Manfrotto 484RC2 Mini Ball Head sat on top of it this make life much easier.

Nimbus 197
I have an SLR zoom, it was a pain in the back side to screw on and of the camera so now I have a Manfrotto 484RC2 Mini Ball Head sat on top of it this make life much easier.

Spits!

Much easier with a quick release plate. I carry my Gorillapod around if I have my camera on me but prefer to use my proper tripodge.