ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a flashing eml

renault clio 172
The eml is flashing on my clio 172 i guessing its the injectors where is the best place to buy new ones too

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The eml is flashing on my clio 172 i guessing its the injectors where is the best place to buy new ones too
Does it just flash randomly or only when brake is pressed or anything?

There are always ECP discount codes on here mate. They should stock the injectors.

renault clio 172
I driven the car today and light hasn't come on not sure what to do I have plugged car into snap on diagnostic machine there is no codes

clio 172
mine comes on randomly when drivin too but no missfire etc. in mornins it missfires real bad for few mins then clears and is fine.

renault clio 172
No missfire it idles lumpy anyway but was think last time i refuelled i used vpower but yesteday i put in £20 of standard fuel wld this cause it

02 Iceberg 172
Apologies for the thread hijack but thought I might post this here as sounds very similar.

I had a flashing EML today for about 5secs or so and then went off by itself, but when I checked for a fault code with RSTuner there were no codes listed. I did the self diagnostic trick and it showed a 't' fault which I believe is an injector fault?

Car was running fine at the time and still is - I guess even if it was an injector on it's way out, I don't know which one as there was no fault code listed which would point me in the right direction. Do I just keep an eye on it for the moment and see how it goes?

Injectors don't always throw up a eml, oh and don't rely on a snapon to diagnose your issue. Been there done that spend 100s. If it's not hesitating then doubt it's an injector tbh, if it's been run on premium fuel then you've put in cheap supermarket/standard 95ron fuel that should be the issue.

if its an injector failing in my experience its completely random and can happen anytime. Mine was just as the engine came upto temp and as I increased my speed necessitating more fuel in the mix. Would last from 5secs to some time a few minutes. The only way to get a fault code was to run an obd while driving as soon as the misfire kicked in and hope it got a code. Best to do it on an A road though rather than scrabbling around on a busy road trying to run a scan...