ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got me a tweaked RS Tuning remap (before/after dyno results included)

RSC 182 Cup
Here are my results:
remap_1_small.jpg

We ran a baseline (green), then the RS Tuning map (purple) and then the Tweeked RS Tuning map (red). The actual power figures are reading atleast 5-6kw lower then what they did last time I was there but the gains are clear. I think that dyno place is dodgy as they dont do any temperature compensation or even pump up the tyres. They just stick it on and run it. Anyway, there is a 4kw gain at the top end and as much as a 6-7kw gain in the midrange. There was also a nice gain in torque measuring up to about 7% in the midrange. The torque was increased by a massive 12.5% at around 3500rpm.

Here is a comparison between the RS Tuning map and the Tweaked RS Tuning map by the our local remapper Hannson. (Hannsons is the more powerfull of the two):
remap_comparison_small.jpg

If he can fix the odd power/torque hole at 3200-3300 rpm then his map is an outright winner!

Elise S1 B&C 140
Kw X 1.341 = BHP, therefore the 7Kw power increase accuates to 9.387 BHP ;)

Although this means that the max of 94.9Kw only accuates to 127.2 Bhp. But i guess that is at the wheels so that is probs about right i guess

Ph1
Must be.

Rollers seem a bit out but its still not too far off the cars factory output?

Take it the car is bog standard apart from the map??

RSC 182 Cup
Yeah its at the wheels. The vast majority of dyno's in aus show at wheel power only. This particular dyno also reads very very low power wise. It should probably be reading atleast 98-100kw for a stock 182 given other peoples results at other dynos in Aus and then add my gain onto that. Meh, we all know that the actual power figures on dynos are rubbish.

BUT, that is a genuine 5.4-9.4 bhp gain at the wheels which will equate to a much larger gain at the flywheel. Something like ~7-12hp at the fly.

Mods are just a 85mm CAI and an Apollo enclosed filter.

Last edited:
  RSC 182 Cup
Bump.

So are these the sort of gains that should be expected? Should there have been a bigger boost in torque since its a 182? What do you guys think?

cup 182 mit stripes
I think you ca'nt complain really.My wheel figure with GroupN was 135.6 bhp and drag power? was 40.6bhp add together and get 179.5 which is 182.0 ps. That was up 5ps from standard and got torque up to 157.5 lbf ft No body mentioned tyre pressures to me. I do'nt think it's an exact science just a good indicator. You can also compare readings from similar cars the operator has done.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah its at the wheels. The vast majority of dyno's in aus show at wheel power only. This particular dyno also reads very very low power wise. It should probably be reading atleast 98-100kw for a stock 182 given other peoples results at other dynos in Aus and then add my gain onto that. Meh, we all know that the actual power figures on dynos are rubbish.

BUT, that is a genuine 5.4-9.4 bhp gain at the wheels which will equate to a much larger gain at the flywheel. Something like ~7-12hp at the fly.

Mods are just a 85mm CAI and an Apollo enclosed filter.

Bin that apollo, wont do you any favours, very small intake.......... Its a generic filter.