ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my speeding fine through : (

K20 EG Hatch

As you may know a couple of weeks ago i got a letter through the post saying i was caught on mobile camera doing 45 in a 30. Long story short but the road has only recently changed to a 30 (was a 60) due to a lad dieing on the road for doing silly speeds.

They did not put any warnings up or anything about this and i know of 5 people that have been done already!

I sent them a letter saying all this and they said "due to the lamposts being closer than 25meters apart I should no it could be a thirty":mad:

Anyways £60 and three points! My first three...

Full Fat 182 - Was..

How the f**k do you tell if the lamposts are closer than 25 meters when your driving?? pull over and measure them???

the lamposts up my streat are 100meters apart! thats f**king miles! id contest it! if they hadnt put up signs stating the new limit they cant do you!!!

contest it mate, let it go to cought and it will get kicked out! you have nothing to lose apart from the fine maybe being 100 instead of 60 but hay whats 40 quid against a higher insurance for the next 3 years!!!

K20 EG Hatch

they can give you more points right if it goes to court cant you?

f**king hate the filth, wrote them a massive letter saying everything, even told them about how i have never been pulled or even questioned! also the first time even been in bother with them!

They are just out to make money as easy as they can in my eyes anyway.

you have to declare any accidents/convictions over the past 5 yrs, so although points only last 3 yrs, your insurance will still take you up the arse for two more years.

if you contest it in court, they can only give you more points if you get done for dangerous driving etc, which in your case you shouldnt do. So its well worth taking it to court, and make a fuss about the speed limit being unclear etc and that you thought it was a 60, but you were only doing 45 (thus not driving dangerously).

K20 EG Hatch

sounds a good idea mate, im sure on the letter when i send it back i can choose to "argue it" sort of thing which i think i will do now!

don't

take a trip 2 pepipoo.co.uk or .com and go on forums and post this

theyll advise u what 2 do on there, should easily be able 2 contest this m8

Mars Red Clio V6 255

also check out http://www.pistonheads.comwww.pistonheads.com go to the forum speeding, plod, and the law. there are lots of police and ex police who are car nuts and will actually help you get out of it. they know the law inside out.

i know a lot of people who have posted on there and from the advice they where given have got off various charges.

good luck

K20 EG Hatch

cheers lads, int got the time now cuz i am at work but when i get home will be visiting both of them!

Thanks alot for your help!

Ask them if its possible to go on a speed awareness course, My mate got caught (dunno wot speed tho) and he went on this course.

The course costs £85, And you get no points on your licence and no fine. Personally id rather pay the £85 than have points on my licence.

Mars Red Clio V6 255

dan- just been on pistonheads and they have changed the set up a bit, so u wont be able to see speeding,plod, and the law, forum until you sign in, so if u are just looking you wont see it.

so sign up and log in then it will be on there.

very very heplful site.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Youve been busy T3ZJ! I got 3 points a couple of years ago....but I reckon I would have a lot more if I did more driving out of my local area...

Im sure that unless there are clearly marked speed limit signs they cannot do you especially after a recent change in the limit.

Personally, i think you were lucky with three points and a £60 fine, as 50% over the limit.

I travel the A12 from Redbridge Blackwall Tunnel daily, and it was a 50 and 40 mph road with a number of cameras. Then, one Sunday, they just changed a number of the 50 limits to 40. No warning, just a few small 40 signs replacing the 50s. Loads got caught in the first few days. Luckily, I didnt.

Rememnber. familiarity breeds contempt.

Quote: Originally posted by T3ZJ on 22 September 2004

i have 9 :( an im 19:(:(
Thats pretty good going, as you can only have 6 in the first two years! You were kinda lucky, to get the last 6 just after the 2 years of driving? :eek:

It really annoys me that they even changed the speed limit from a 60 to a 30 just because of 1 fatality! This is bound to happen on any fast road eventually, far too cautious these days, they should have left his wrecked car on the side of the road for a few days, that would have been a better deterrent.