ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got Pulled By The Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
You recon?

It's friendly advise which I'm offering, it takes 2mins to out a marker on a car and you would be pulled everytime they run your reg plate through the computer,

I got 3 points for an offense I didn't even commit, I got done for a defective tyre and all my tyres were in good condition with good tread depth! I was gonna make a complaint and go to court, but as my gf said it's not worth the hassle as they will marker my reg and do me for somin else so I bit my lip and lumped it as lesson learnt

flol @ biting your lip and taking it.

Dan, I've made a complaint before.

And as for putting a marker on my car, yet another thing said officer is up s**t creek for.

Isn't something I'm gonna right on a public forum :) I'd of been worse of if I'd of been caught night before that is all.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Police are pricks here, my gf's brother got pulled over by the 'Guardia Civil' and got breathalised, he was well over so they told him to drive to the bank (10 min each way) and withdraw 250 euros to pay the fine, he went and got it then they told him to leave his car there and walk home flol, he told them to stick it and drove off. He's a nob for drink driving anyway and lucky not to get points but it's rare they do dish out points (too much paper work) I've personally had a lot of aggro with them too, always dishing out fines for their back pocket.

Yeah, awesome Police officers let a drunk bloke carry on driving so he can smash into a child crossing the road. I hate that our coppers, whilst sometimes being a bit pedantic, actually do their job most of the time...

:)

Giulietta 940
Yeah, awesome Police officers let a drunk bloke carry on driving so he can smash into a child crossing the road. I hate that our coppers, whilst sometimes being a bit pedantic, actually do their job most of the time...

Think he is more annoyed about the police asking for/taking bribes for charges to "go away"... he has already said his gf's brother is a nob.

The guardia let him drive to the bank even though he was well over the limit... That's what annoyed me.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Sorry mate, I didn't see your location so thought you were saying that the police in the UK were pricks compared to foreign ones, who were good for letting people drive drunk!

I'm in agreement!

I got 3 points for an offense I didn't even commit, I got done for a defective tyre and all my tyres were in good condition with good tread depth! I was gonna make a complaint and go to court, but as my gf said it's not worth the hassle as they will marker my reg and do me for somin else so I bit my lip and lumped it as lesson learnt

Lol. Sure.

GTD, Lupo
It's friendly advise which I'm offering, it takes 2mins to out a marker on a car and you would be pulled everytime they run your reg plate through the computer,

Bit of a difference with taking them to court and complaining in a letter or phone call. I complained because the policeman got pushy. He pulled me out the car and pushed me more than once. Well within my right to complain. I never got a marker put on the car but hey i must have been lucky. ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I don't always drive as sensible as i should so I've had my fair share of run ins with the police, if i'm in the wrong and i know it there's no point in trying to argue it so i just look guilty and accept whatever happens.

No points so far just usually "Right if i see you again... " etc.

I've had one **** who dragged me out my car by my arm but the speed i was going i just bit my lip and got a almighty shouting at then was told to f**k off, which i did.

Clio 182 & Clio 172
I would like to think that people treat others how you would expect to be treated, I know that's naive, but I've not really come into problems with the police, but I know there are some knobs on a power trip out there. A mate had a White van just with some alloys on, all declared and the police stopped him, cuffed him and ripped the van apart searching for drugs, finally worked out it was the wrong van and just left him, doorcards had been taken off, carpet and everything!

I agree with what's been said if you are unhappy with how your case/circumstance has been dealt with, make a complaint, I'm led to believe that everytime they pull someone they inform someone so there's an auditable record, so you should be able to find out who it was if you didn't get a shoulder number.

Listerine & Poledo
Lincs police pulled me over for overtaking a caravan-tower doing 45 in a 60.
Dangerous driving then had me down for.
6 months waiting for the court summons and nothing, absolutely nothing.

Still, made me think a lot more about my driving. If all it takes is one mardy sod to take my license away then I prefer the safer options now.

Not a 320d
Try getting pulled when youve had the car for about 6 hours and the PNC says youve got no insurance, and its registered to a woman 300 miles away.

Copper wasnt happy. Asked me if id stolen it, I said No and he shouted at me "Dont lie to me, I will find out". So I sniggered at him. Anyway had to go back to the house and get all the doccuments, proved everything was in order etc and he wasnt happy about that, came out with some crap and went on his way.

I'm always polite and respectful. Been pulled twice by undercovers for speeding, however I was suspicious of the cars in the first place so had slowed down and just got warnings! I accept what they say but don't make any direct admissions regarding the speed I was going as I've heard that alone can result in points? (could very well be BS!) Haven't had to deal with any t**t coppers yet but don't think giving grief back will ever help! Stay polite and then go through complaints if need be

Clio 182 + Recaros
I agree, if you call him a prick he'll start quoting all sorts and pontentially arrest you. Sounds like the officer that stopped you needs to be reminded that he is a representative of the law, rather than actually the law!

Listerine & Poledo
Try getting pulled when youve had the car for about 6 hours and the PNC says youve got no insurance, and its registered to a woman 300 miles away.

Copper wasnt happy. Asked me if id stolen it, I said No and he shouted at me "Dont lie to me, I will find out". So I sniggered at him. Anyway had to go back to the house and get all the doccuments, proved everything was in order etc and he wasnt happy about that, came out with some crap and went on his way.

No apology for wasting your time then?

Remember, you can always file a formal complaint tothe relevant Police Professional Standards Department, that way they'll end up wasting their time defending why they wasted yours.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Love people's shitty attitudes towards traffic cops. If you get pulled fo whatever reason, teh only words to leave you mouth should be...

"hello office"
"I'm sorry officer"
"thank you officer"
"never again officer"
"have a nice evening officer"
*shake their hand*

I've been pulled a few times, and as long as you have a smile on your face, you don't dress/look/act like an oxygen stealer, then you will be fine. Police are fairly leanient sometimes, and as long as you don't try and make escuses, or give them jip, they won't have an attitude with you.

I HAVE had cops with a bad attitude pull me before, and be very unreasonable. But keep calm, and cooperate, and they can't start an argument with you.

Police are there for the greater good, I'd prefer to be pulled and know they are doing their job rather than sat in a lay-by reading nuts.

Mini Cooper S sport
^ this, 100%.

Way too many immature knobs in this thread!

I was pulled for speeding a while back and the guy was quite arsey with me but I was polite and said sorry - and he let me go.

Regardless of how you act, a Police officer should remain professional at all times. If they have had a bad shift and take it out on other people then perhaps they are in the wrong job.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Afpmsl @ that whole comment!

Oh dear!

M135i
Just what sort of compliant slave thinks it is acceptable for a police man to detain a perfectly innocent motorist going about his business?

Even 'innocent', the motorist must stop for an officer to conduct enquiries on that person/vehicle. Why?

Three letters... Law.

Toyota MR2
I got pulled over a year ago for the first time apparently for having no rear wiper... I just went along with it all, he checked all my details and sent me on my way. Seems if you have a sporty car they want to log the driver and car to keep an eye on you sort of speak.

I have high respect for the police as they are genuine people who are there to help. But the odd one does seem to have had there authority go to there head.

There's always dickheads in the world you just have to learn to deal with them.

Keep calm and carry on!

M135i

I assume you got a ticket. I take it you did not see the part of the ticket where you could dispute the matter in court. If I knew I was in the right, I'd sure as s**t opt for a court summons.

LOL @ marker the reg. No.

Abarth 595
Drive like a nob head and you will get pulled over. Thats all there is to it. Once you grow up and drive properly you wont get pulled over for "nothing".

Mini Cooper S sport
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

No, he's absolutely right.

A lot of young blokes drive like utter t***s. Always drive too fast, they're always too c*cky and they all think the police are w@nkers.

Put it this way, every time I see a Citroen Saxo, almost without fail, it's lowered and has some dick with a gangster lean driving it that bit too quickly. Every f**king time.

I'm sure Clios aren't too far behind. You just spot the ones which are slightly modded and it's often a similar story.

I'm with Liquid Yellow and thekopistop - I've not been pulled over since I was about 18 (I'm 33 now) which, coincidentally, is around the time I stopped driving like a t**t.

I also have a clean license and full NCB - Not because I'm a good driver but because while I enjoy driving quickly I realise there's a time and a place.

Love people's shitty attitudes towards traffic cops. If you get pulled fo whatever reason, teh only words to leave you mouth should be...

"hello office"
"I'm sorry officer"
"thank you officer"
"never again officer"
"have a nice evening officer"
*shake their hand*

I've been pulled a few times, and as long as you have a smile on your face, you don't dress/look/act like an oxygen stealer, then you will be fine. Police are fairly leanient sometimes, and as long as you don't try and make escuses, or give them jip, they won't have an attitude with you.

I HAVE had cops with a bad attitude pull me before, and be very unreasonable. But keep calm, and cooperate, and they can't start an argument with you.

Police are there for the greater good, I'd prefer to be pulled and know they are doing their job rather than sat in a lay-by reading nuts.

Hang on a second. You sound like an adult :approve:

ph1 mk2
ive been pulled twice for speeding, gotten away with it both times, all down to how you treat them :) i apologised, didnt deny nor admit anything, act nice and they were fine, i dont see the point in argueing, if theyve caught you in the act theres no point trying to deny it!

I've been pulled over twice for speeding, both when I was 17. Got let off both times as I didn't give any backchat.

Also didn't moan on here that I got pulled as they were just doing their job and I was in the wrong. One officer was telling me if I went that fast again he hopes I kill myself, called me a wanker etc (was 50 in a 40) . But you just have to grin and bear it.

6 years later though not been pulled for anything since. as we all have to grow up sometime

A Beautiful R32
One officer was telling me if I went that fast again he hopes I kill myself, called me a wanker etc (was 50 in a 40) . But you just have to grin and bear it.

You see that's b****cks, I watch coppers on those cop shows on TV being rude as hell to people and nothing is ever done about it. Can you imagine if a teacher, doctor or nurse called you a wanker? They'd be fired!

The whole thing makes my blood boil, if they are rude to you then make a complaint ffs. They get away with it because people don't complain enough. I understand they have a very difficult job, but they are in a public office and they should not be rude to people.

Read this: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...eness-Each-Week/Article/201102415939739?f=rss

They are also, by the way, the most un-educated workforce in the country (a 'profession' they are not).

Years ago I got accused of running a red light when I did not, I stood my ground and took it to court and won (absolutely no evidence at all). The whole thing was outrageous.

If they are rude and aggressive then complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.