ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got this to go with the clio

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
v6i68x.jpg

6f1e89.jpg

357n24l.jpg

2eupsmc.jpg

id61hj.jpg

2ufr3b4.jpg

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
No but the one Bradford is seen quite a bit.

Trophy is stunning but I still love the Clio, is a lot more of a drivers car.

I just need to convince the wife we need a LY Vee! Might have to wait a year for her to warm to the idea though.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
nice yes but don't u want a bit of variety?

They are massively different in every way, totally unique driving experiences and the way they have to be driven to get what you need out of them.

There were only 7 trophys left, 1 black, 1 LY and the rest LY with black roof. I love LY so it was a all LY one.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice view of Hambleton Hough in the background.

I nearly got wiped out by one of your kamikaze overtakes on Hambleton straight around six months ago!

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
No you didn't, I stayed out wondering what some muppet was doing 3 miles away flashing his lights when I over took one car and slowly pulled back in.

And just to set the record right you did the same trick to me on the same road on 3 different occasions when you had the black 182. You even joked via pm on the main RS site about it and how you had to take risks as everyone sits there.

Even our lass said what's his problem.

Doh

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
No you didn't, I stayed out wondering what some muppet was doing 3 miles away flashing his lights when I over took one car and slowly pulled back in.

And just to set the record right you did the same trick to me on the same road on 3 different occasions when you had the black 182. You even joked via pm on the main RS site about it and how you had to take risks as everyone sits there.

Even our lass said what's his problem.

Doh

I never drove on that road when I had the black 182 as I lived and worked in Leeds then...... I was certainly not on the main rs site back in 2004 when I owned it as I didn't join it until 2008 or something.

Fact of the matter is I had to brake to let you in which I shouldn't really have to do IMO.

Doh.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
My mistake 182 I got the colour of the clio wrong the rest is correct. If your RS PM's go back that far. If you had to break hard then I'm sorry but you must have had a Vee under the bonnet doing 3 times the speed limit.

I remember the incident very clearly as the car was doing 30 mph held back by the lorry carrying hay bails. I overtook the car and just lifted off and pulled back in but some dope started flashing like mad so I wondered if something was wrong. Clearly not though.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
Yup, I'm in Cammy, and our lass is in Brayton with an RB 182.

Does she visit someone in our village? Does the 182 have a custom exhaust? I may have seen it parked up and thought it lived there.

We fill the cars up in Brayton with momentum so we are normally knocking about as there are no shell garages anywhere round these parts.

Nearest Shell is Glews at Goole, I tend to take my cars there now after limping to Goole from Tesco due to no momentum many a time.

Which village are you, Hambleton? I don't think she goes there much, but it has a Yozzasport exhaust fitted.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
Yes mate, might be her I've seen but more likely lives there and is different, I don't think it has comp stripes if your does? But it defo has a custom exhaust.

I work in Leeds so I have garforth or there is a shell in Leeds just in case but we have got used to filling up with 1/3 of a tank left due to tesco's running out of momentum. Must be just us two and the wife who use it as the pump always primes when you first try fill it up.

I'll wave next time I see the clio and see if I get a response but there are loads that don't bother now.

I've also need a young kid in a black 225 who seems to knock about with the halfords brigade and a LY R26 in the cop shop the other day as well.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
may have been her i've seen or may be not.....

it goes somewhere around orchard drive iirc

think she has long dark hair but its a while since i've seen her.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
Leeds_182 i hate to be a forum troll and if i had the PM's still i'd post them also but as it is i shall post this and then leave it at that as i have no issue other than to defend my self against something you have done to me on 3 occasions.

NOTE* taken from the RS site

blue 172 twixed hableton @ monk fryston Options

Mentalpen Posted: 06 June 2008 15:43:00

about 1:35 looking to overtake a gaggle of traffic, silly style

leeds_182 Posted: 07 June 2008 02:40:59

Could have been me. In fact, im sure it was me - in my defence I was late for work! Were you in the blue 197?

and at that i shall let this go regardless of comments posted.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll be honest I don't really understand the above post.

The only bit I do understand is the bit where I was looking for an overtake - LOOKING! There is nothing wrong with overtaking ten cars as long as its done safely. I've overtaken loads of cars on that stretch when it's been safe to do so.

Your overtake was pants.