ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got two oil pressure switches for 172 from Europarts - which one to use?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
My oil pressure switch has been broken for almost 5 years and now that I've got the engine out of my 172 Cup, I've decided to replace it. I checked on Eurocarparts and two parts were listed so I said I would take both and will return the one I don't need.
See photo - there is a green coloured switch which is the same colour as the original factory switch and the length of the threads seem to be the same. There is also a grey coloured switch which looks identical but has a shorter thread length and is twice the price of the green one. The only obvious difference other than thread length is that the green one is stamped 0.2 bar and the grey one is stamped 0.5 bar. Is that the pressure reading they're designed to throw a fault if it drops below that? I'm thinking I'll just use the green one and save a few pennies. Any opinions/advice welcome.
Oil Switch.JPG

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I know this was a long time ago but which one did you use?