ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GPS

Just wonderin

Are any of these Global Positioning Systems any good?.......if so then which ones are the best, and which ones actually work.....do any of you use one...? if so then which one...?

I ask coz i can get lost in my own back garden:oops:while my girlfriend is a genuine homing pidgeon and can find her way back from mars without a map:(so i need something to HELP me......:D

Ade

Clio II and Grand Modus

No not wery pricey, well cheaper than the mounted inn systems;) The cards are uploaded via your pc onto a CF-card. I think it´s good you can take it with you if you sell the car ect. Calculating the routes are faster than the cd, dvd systems as it takes longer to read from a disc, and it talkes too....ha ha.

But it´s a stand-alone GPS, features like tv, playstation ect are for mounted inn systems...But as a route-finder is´t the best!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

I have an Ipaq with a bluetooth GPS receiver and TomTom Navigator software and it is brilliant. I can also take it into other cars with me and it has all the features a built in one has like the stupid woman nagging you all the time to turn around! I personally got mine free through work (worther about £700) but after having it for 6 months I wouldnt pay that sort of money for it. It is a nice toy and comes in handy but I use it once in a blue moon. How often do you go somewhere where you dont know they way, unless you are a travelling saleman that is.

Good to have but only if you have money to burn.

I have an Ipaq and Tomtom2 gps software, its great, cant plug it enough. You dont need to worry about getting to Jillys obscure meets!! *runs* Just stick it inot the gps and it takes you there, the same as when we go cruising aorund looking for a pub, just punch in home and it takes you there.

Ipaq is alo very useful for music emails etc.

I got mine as a package from dixons, the lot for £500